Ainol Novo 7 Tornados Firmware Update Step by Step Tutorial.

jbmmurph

Jun 5, 2012
Forgive me but I'm not having any luck. When I updated to 0526, most all apps were missing including Google Playstore. I tried several versions to no avail. Finally when I went back to 0518 all seemed to be well. Wireless seem to be weak and poor battery life persist. My Question: Is there a newer version than 0518 that improves these issues and includes Google Play and flash ability?

Androidinabox

Mar 15, 2012
Forgive me but I'm not having any luck. When I updated to 0526, most all apps were missing including Google Playstore. I tried several versions to no avail. Finally when I went back to 0518 all seemed to be well. Wireless seem to be weak and poor battery life persist. My Question: Is there a newer version than 0518 that improves these issues and includes Google Play and flash ability?

Hi jbmmurph, Ainol is working on a newer firmware to fix these bugs.

Mcqueen

Jun 9, 2012
I was upgrading the tornado firmware.. but when i installed, realised that after the free android icon, it didnt prompt me to go any further but the system restarted itself. I thought i could use it then i realise, i cant find the internal SD card... that is i cant transfer anything into the ainol tablet. What should i do?

UsamaMustafa

Jun 11, 2012
Hi I just bought Ainol Novo7 Tornados 2 days back.. i was having the same problem that it was not getting fully charge and was showing wrong percentage schemes..i first upgraded to novo7_tornados_0518.rar but after that it was having the same problem like above one that i was not getting any apps there. there was no PlayStore etc. Then after visiting this forum i tried to download tornados_feiyu_mod_(0526).rar and this version solved my problem. First time it took 6 hours to charge my Ainol Novo7 Tornados fully 100%. It contains all necessary apps and it also allows us to install apps like Facebook, Youtube which was not compatible with previous firmware :). now i will guide you how to install it.

1. Download the above Feiyu mod 0526 version.
2. extract the files.
3. Put uImage_recovery file in the root of your external memory card.
4. and put tornados_feiyu_mod_(0526) in the same root with uImage_recovery file.
5. now place memory card in tablet.
6. press and hold -Vol and power button together for 4 seconds. update process will continue. if any error occurs. Then you select 2nd option from it i forgot that name it is kind of select recovery file from memory card. then give path to that tornados_feiyu_mod(0526).rar and press home button to select it. in this way installation will continue.

It is a very good firmware. Further problems may be posted here so that i will try to answer them.

rob01792

May 19, 2012
im a complete newbie and dont understand what and how
1 do i download to pc got that bit window 7 ok ?
2. extract the files how what where do i start?
3. Put uImage_recovery file in the root of your external memory card. what does this mean and how?
4. and put tornados_feiyu_mod_(0526) in the same root with uImage_recovery file.again how?

sorry but hope u can help as i havent a clue

chrono

Jun 11, 2012
To Androidinabox.com.......Now my tornado does not work at all! Its frozen on the lock screen just like in the earlier video post in this forum. Please help if possible

Now my tornado does not work at all! I am same problem. Please help!!!! Where the original *.image file and usb installer software for bricked tablet.

jbmmurph

Jun 5, 2012
Now my tornado does not work at all! I am same problem. Please help!!!! Where the original *.image file and usb installer software for bricked tablet.

looks like we all bought a piece of junk! I should have known I couldnt get a quality product for under $100.00. Now begins the process of getting a company based in China to issue a refund. Good luck to all and I hope your Tornado works more than 4 days!

Androidinabox

Mar 15, 2012
Hi I just bought Ainol Novo7 Tornados 2 days back.. i was having the same problem that it was not getting fully charge and was showing wrong percentage schemes..i first upgraded to novo7_tornados_0518.rar but after that it was having the same problem like above one that i was not getting any apps there. there was no PlayStore etc. Then after visiting this forum i tried to download tornados_feiyu_mod_(0526).rar and this version solved my problem. First time it took 6 hours to charge my Ainol Novo7 Tornados fully 100%. It contains all necessary apps and it also allows us to install apps like Facebook, Youtube which was not compatible with previous firmware :). now i will guide you how to install it.

1. Download the above Feiyu mod 0526 version.
2. extract the files.
3. Put uImage_recovery file in the root of your external memory card.
4. and put tornados_feiyu_mod_(0526) in the same root with uImage_recovery file.
5. now place memory card in tablet.
6. press and hold -Vol and power button together for 4 seconds. update process will continue. if any error occurs. Then you select 2nd option from it i forgot that name it is kind of select recovery file from memory card. then give path to that tornados_feiyu_mod(0526).rar and press home button to select it. in this way installation will continue.

It is a very good firmware. Further problems may be posted here so that i will try to answer them.

Hi UsamaMustafa, useful information, thanks for your sharing :)