Ainol Novo 7 Tornados Firmware Update Step by Step Tutorial.

Sopper

May 23, 2012
looks like we all bought a piece of junk! I should have known I couldnt get a quality product for under $100.00. Now begins the process of getting a company based in China to issue a refund. Good luck to all and I hope your Tornado works more than 4 days!

Out of the 5 devices i bought, 3 are send back with issues, hardware related.
Lets hope the new batches and new firmware makes them better....

jbmmurph

Jun 5, 2012
Hi UsamaMustafa, useful information, thanks for your sharing :)

I have tried all of these steps and the tablet is still frozen. cannot get past the lock screen. I bought the tablet from ************** and they are refusing to give me a replacement or refund. I guess I should have done more research before making this purchase.

Androidinabox

Mar 15, 2012
I have tried all of these steps and the tablet is still frozen. cannot get past the lock screen. I bought the tablet from ************** and they are refusing to give me a replacement or refund. I guess I should have done more research before making this purchase.

Hi jbmmurph, you may open a dispute if you pay by paypal.

Jun 8, 2011
Dear Guru
How to setting wifi alway power on not sleep when screen time out.

and also when I update show error following as below

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Please help me

Polv89

Dec 6, 2011
In rom 601 is not the play store... I read on ainol forum post that is a patch.zip for install the market, do you have it?

thanks

Last edited:

mightyjorback

Jun 13, 2012
I'ved used the firmware 0518, the 200mb version, the one with playstore included. It works well. Extract the file and you'll find the following files: a folder named "mediafile" with a flash player installer, factory_update_param.aml, Novo7-Tonados.zip, patch.zip, u-boot-aml-ucl.bin, and uImage_recovery file. Put them all in your external sd card or TFcard or whatever you call it. Make sure your TF card is in FAT32 format. Put the TF card in your device and keep it off (the tablet).
Hold-press the power and volume button at the same time till the instructions "upgrading.....please wait" appear, then release the buttons.
At the “Android System Recovery Utility” select “wipe data/factory reset”, enter using the right most button on the top of the device, then select “Yes – delete all user data”, then enter.
Select “wipe cache partition”, then enter.
Select “wipe media partition”, then enter. Select “Yes – delete all user data”, then enter.
Select “Apply update from sdcard”, then select the tornados update, then enter. Then Wait….
Select “Apply update from sdcard”, slect patch.zip, enter. Wait again…..
select “wipe data/factory reset” then select “Yes – delete all user data”, then enter.
Select “wipe cache partition”, then enter.
Reboot system and you’re done.

rob01792

May 19, 2012
mightyjorback
where did u get firmware 0518, the 200mb version, the one with playstore included from
thanks for ur excellent right up

raikoh211

Jun 14, 2012
hello i install the 0601 and feiyu mod 0526 and all ok (follow the videos on slatedroid.com, you need wipe all things before install the firmware ) but no one fix the wifi weak :( I have the router next room and dont work, i need stay in same room with router. Someone know a trick to increase the wifi??? thanks all for you help

Iamkanga

Jun 1, 2012
I have installed 06/01 and find the wifi drops out and requires a reboot to get going again.

This coupled with no inbuilt Play Store i think is enough to pass on this update

I dont think it is an official update.

Still happy for other users experience

Sorry i cant help with those having problems i dont have tech background. The instructions are pretty straight forward. I think if you are have problems you probably have a faulty unit :(

Iamkanga

Jun 1, 2012
Hi

I just wanted to share my experience here.

I am currentley messing about with 6 of these tabs. But im no Tech

I followed all the wipe instructions on 2 tabs and when i try to install 5/18 i get a fail. On the Tabs were i simply install from no wipes or resetts it installs no probs.

I have read heaps and recognise thst wiping is somehow an important part of updating but maybe one of these wipes causes this problem.

It doesnt bother me as 5/26 installs fine and apart from requiring the google search fix i think it is easily the best update available (as of 06/15) as i have had issues with every other one.

Anyway maybe you could explain why this is as your tutorial is very thourough but some may want 5/18

Cheers

Sorry this was meant as a response for Mightyjorbacks Post

Last edited:

raikoh211

Jun 14, 2012
hello im have other question... this tornado says have OTG usb, but i connect a flash memory, mouse and keyboard and nothing happen.

Iamkanga

Jun 1, 2012
I have had OTG work with flash memory.

I think you must have it plugged in with unit off and then boot up.

These are instructions from the aurora

ⅫⅢ、​
OTGCable: User methods and notice
OTG Cable can transmit the data between devices without theHOST.The unit offer very easy-to-use OTG Function. User can copy the data in U Disk to this unit and canalso copy the data to U Disk.When using the OTG cable, please connect to OTG external devices.Notice: When connecting to the external devices, make sure it’s powered on connected with external power supply. Otherwise, it​
will causeproblem because of lackingbattery.
Power on the unit with the external device, choose “USB External device” to enter the interface of the U Disk files list afteridentifying theU Disk successfully.To disconnect theOTG external device, first disconnect thepower supply on theexternal device, and thendisconnect the OTG​
external device.

I dont think OTG works on 05/26 but does on 05/18

Sorry does work on 5/26 but cant open files via file explorer and root explorer does not see. If you open your player (music movie or picture) the files should be there

Sorry for all the edits but get there in the end!

Last edited: