Ainol novo 7

ramost

Jan 20, 2011
Just purchased this from merimobiles for $139.99. For the price and the features I thought it was a good purchase. I can't wait to receive it.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
congrats on your new tablet, let us know what you think of it when it comes in!

cheers,
Peter

foxbat

Oct 12, 2011
G'Day

I also just purchased this Novo 7 2 days ago. Can't wait too.
I am reading up on how to root the device. Looks like the current firmware in merimobiles video does not include Andriod market.
Hope the set coming in has the latest firmware with market in it.

Cheers

ramost

Jan 20, 2011
I was just on Merimobiles site and it says that the new firmware should be in their downloads by Monday. We should be set to update the firmware once we get our tablets. That makes me even happier about the purchase.

G'Day

I also just purchased this Novo 7 2 days ago. Can't wait too.
I am reading up on how to root the device. Looks like the current firmware in merimobiles video does not include Andriod market.
Hope the set coming in has the latest firmware with market in it.

Cheers

foxbat

Oct 12, 2011
I was just on Merimobiles site and it says that the new firmware should be in their downloads by Monday. We should be set to update the firmware once we get our tablets. That makes me even happier about the purchase.

I hope it has Andriod market and more added access into the root for better control!
Btw, your's shipped yet? Apparently, processing is up to 5 working days for those items on sale.

Cheers

ramost

Jan 20, 2011
I purchased it on the 6th and it shipped on the 12th. I did the free shipping. I don't think they started processing it until the 10th because of their National Holiday.

Last edited:

DarrylB

Aug 31, 2011
First I've heard of this tablet, did a search and it sounds like a pretty descent tablet for the price. Normally I wouldn't advise buying from a company I've never heard of before, but it seems to be getting fairly descent reviews overall. Will be interesting to hear more about it from you when it arrives. Hope it's a good investment for you!

de1nonly

Oct 21, 2011
Has anyone had success rooting this device or installing the market? I've got the scripts on the computer but I don't have any drivers for the device so I'm guessing that's why I can't see any devices connected in debug mode.

Last edited:

ramost

Jan 20, 2011
I received the tablet from merimobiles yesterday. It only took 8 days in standard mail. After a little tinkering my tablet is rooted and has the market. I Hope the new firmware comes soon so I have full access to the market. I'm kind of new to this tinkering stuff. Is root explorer the only way to access and edit the system Build Prop file? Anyway I've been downloading what I can from the Market and side loading the rest.
So far I love this thing. It's very fast, the touchscreen is excellent and I haven't had any issues with the wireless connection so far. I loaded some kids games on it and let my 3 year old use it. She has been in love with my wife's iPad lately but wouldn't go back to it when I wanted the novo 7 back. I think the 7" format felt better in her hands. I wasn't too concerned with my daughter breaking it as it seems to be built very well.
I am extremely happy with my purchase.

powerga1

Oct 30, 2011
How do you backup the Novo 7 files prior to performing the firmware update?

I received the Novo 7 and really like it. But I have a problem and need advice. I installed firmware 1.6 using instructions and the link to files provided by Merimobiles. Everything went OK or so I thought (I changed the date, and activated the Wi-Fi, and adjusted the other settings. However, after I powered down my Novo and turned it back on, the Icon on the right side of the touch screen that when touched, displays all the Apps was missing. I touched the all the buttons on the right side of the display, none of them work. The unit takes several tries to get it to the power down screen. I have installed: 1.6, 1.7, and 1.8 firmware upgrades. They all operate properly, that is until the Novo is powered down. When I turned it back on, the Icon to display all the Apps on the touch screen is missing, and none of the buttons on the side work, with exception of the power button and the +volume button which is necessary to upgrade the firmware after is is pushed 5-6 times. I need advice, prior to trying to return the unit. It's really nice. I was set, had select aned all my apps, bought a 16gb SD card. Only thing that remained to do was to install the new firmware when it was made available. Not my Novo 7 Adv does not work, that's if I never turn it off after I do a firmware install, but that's not practical. Request your assistance to solve this problem. Thanks,....

Last edited:

ramost

Jan 20, 2011
I didn't back it up because I only had a few games on it and just reinstalled them. however I did use Tassehofs root script and installed titanium backup afterwards but I've read since then that some people might have had issues with TB. I only backed up mt user apps., none of the system stuff.