Ainol Novo Elf home connection problem

BomberGirl

Apr 4, 2012
Hi all,

I'm sorry but I'm a complete newbie to the world of android and tablets.

I recently received a new Aniol Novo 7 Elf (running Android 4.0.3) tablet and I'm having huge problems trying to connect to my home wireless internet connection.

When I do a scan of "networks available" nothing comes up. Also the IP Address is saying it is "unavailable". I use a Belkin Surf wireless router. I've added the mac address to my mac list on the router - which is all I've had to do with all my other wireless devices to make them work. I've turned the router on and off and hit the reset button but it hasn't made a difference.

I've manually added my router to the tablet but it still does not come up in the scans.

Help please before I throw it against a wall!!!!!!!

Thank you for any responses :)

BG

Androidinabox

Mar 15, 2012
Hi all,

I'm sorry but I'm a complete newbie to the world of android and tablets.

I recently received a new Aniol Novo 7 Elf (running Android 4.0.3) tablet and I'm having huge problems trying to connect to my home wireless internet connection.

When I do a scan of "networks available" nothing comes up. Also the IP Address is saying it is "unavailable". I use a Belkin Surf wireless router. I've added the mac address to my mac list on the router - which is all I've had to do with all my other wireless devices to make them work. I've turned the router on and off and hit the reset button but it hasn't made a difference.

I've manually added my router to the tablet but it still does not come up in the scans.

Help please before I throw it against a wall!!!!!!!

Thank you for any responses :)

BG

Hi BomberGirl, you may try the wifi in other places like Cafeteria and library. It is normal some new Android tablets fail to connect the wifi for the first few times.

BomberGirl

Apr 4, 2012
Cheers for the advice, I'll give that a go ... any other suggestions?? PLEASE!!!!
BG

BomberGirl

Apr 4, 2012
OK .. I went to the local WIFI hot spot and still couldn't get on the network even though my phone could find the network and I accessed it no problem from that. Am I
right (or wrong.. I hope!) in assuming that the wifi on my tablet is broken, dead, not working etc etc ??????

Please someone give me some good news!!!
Cheers
BG

cannock

May 3, 2012
Hi
I had the same problem a while ago.
Without remembering exactly how to correct the connection issue, I did Google the problem stating incorrect IP address problem.
I immediately got instruction on how to get the correct IP address and all was sorted.
It also said that there can be a conflict with simultaneous devices trying to use the same IP address.
I hope this helps.
AJ

cannock

May 3, 2012
Hi
If your device found the network then it is working ok.
You do seem to contradict yourself though.
Did you access connection at the hot spot, or simply find it?
Cheers
AJ

BomberGirl

Apr 4, 2012
Hi Aj
Thanks for replying. No I havent been able to access anything on my Elf as yet. It doesnt find any network at all an no IP address either. I have taken it to
a technician for help and after him spending 6 hours on it he gave it back to me saying he didnt want to see it again. The latest firmware has been
installed and re-installed several times. I think I may have to send it back and hopefully it wont get "lost" so they can fix it for me. The amount of money I've spent on it so far I could have bought a more top of the range model.

Not a happy Elf customer

BG

AZrat

Dec 28, 2010
Are you sure WIFI is turned on the tablet? Settings, wireless, is the box checked and do you have the WIFI icon when you pull up the notification area?

BomberGirl

Apr 4, 2012
Hi AZrat,

Yep the wifi definitely says its turned on. I have been talking with the support tech from where I bought it and apparently the wifi module is broken. Bugger!

Thanks everyone for your help!

BG