Ainol Novo Fire Versus Hero - Which to buy?

Dabooj

Jan 7, 2013
Hi,

I am looking for a feature-rich android tablet and have been reviewing numerous posts & reviews over the last few weeks, as there are so many different models & makes. It's really difficult to decide on one.

However, i have decided to look at 2 in particular:

- 7 inch Ainol Fire
- 10 inch Ainol Hero

The screen size isn't a big issue for me so i don't mind either. I have seen a price for £96 for the Fire & £119 for the Hero (both on *****************) so there is not much in price difference either.

What i would like to know is:

1) Which of these is the better out of the box tablet?
2) Which is the more stable & reliable tablet?
3) Which has the best WiFi connection strength/antenna
4) Which has the best build quality & feel to?
5) Which one would be the best all rounder to buy for prices stated above?
6) Which has the best / faster performance?

Just to let you know, my main use would be WiFi streaming of HD movies to a HDTV using the HDMI output, plus internet browsing & light gaming. I would probably use a usb drive to copy / run media files from too so Wifi strength & reliability, hdmi output, streaming media & USB (otg) are a key factor for my decision on which one to buy.

So please let me know your opinion or advice on these tablets. Also, if you have any better recommendations for a tablet with these features for a similar price then please let me know (or if you have seen the Fire & Hero cheaper anywhere else then please let me know).

Thank you,

Shuja

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Shuja, welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Discussions section for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
Hi Shuja, the Ainol Novo 10 Hero is on a special sale in our site for £116.75 now, and both the Hero and Ainol Flame(english version of Ainol Fire) are full english version, will come with english package, user manual, and english apps. we'll offer every device a free screen protector and one-year free warranty. welcome to order! :)

cpuken

Jan 10, 2013
I'm new to the world of Android so I'm expecting some of the more seasoned members here to chime in with some good info... in the meantime, I'll give you my observations since I too was looking to get the Ainol Novo 7 Fire about a month ago. There was a supply problem with the Novo Fire at the time so this allowed me to research some other tablets and see what else was out there. I got a good deal on a Pipo U2 tablet and I've been playing with it for several weeks now. (not a bad tablet, my 1st, although my wife has an Ipad). My main disappointment with this android tablet as well as an MK808 android google tv box is the POOR wifi reception. My iphone and my wife's IPad and her Kindle Fire HD operate just fine all over the house but these android devices need a really strong wifi signal in order to function!! Not sure if this is a common problem with Android devices or if I just happen to buy two that exhibit this problem. I can't stray too far from my router before it craps out.

Anyway, back to your question.
Like I mentioned earlier I was going to buy the Ainol Novo 7 Fire (I wanted a 7 inch tablet) but also noticed the Hero was not much more money. Since my purchase was delayed, I would recommend you consider the following two options: Hero II vs Ainol Novo 7 Venus. Both of these have a quad core processor (better performance) and I believe both may have built-in GPS. Although I hadn't planned on using my tablet as a car GPS unit there are a lot of apps that benefit from having a built-in GPS (gas prices, restaurants near by, banks near me, etc.) You can always enter your location each and every time but having the built-in GPS sure makes things operate a lot faster and cleaner.

Anyway, look at the Ainol Hero II and the Ainol Novo 7 Venus instead of the two you are originally looking at.

I'll probably get the Venus when it becomes available, if it has a built-in GPS (there's some new info I just read that it may or may not have the built-in GPS). The other reason I'm leaning toward the Ainol Venus is that it has a non-metalic case so I'm hoping this results in better wifi signal versus the metal case found on the Hero II.

* hopefully some Ainol tablet owners will let us know the good and bad of their tablets, even if they don't have these exact models.

Ken

Hi,

I am looking for a feature-rich android tablet and have been reviewing numerous posts & reviews over the last few weeks, as there are so many different models & makes. It's really difficult to decide on one.

However, i have decided to look at 2 in particular:

- 7 inch Ainol Fire
- 10 inch Ainol Hero

The screen size isn't a big issue for me so i don't mind either. I have seen a price for £96 for the Fire & £119 for the Hero (both on *****************) so there is not much in price difference either.

What i would like to know is:

1) Which of these is the better out of the box tablet?
2) Which is the more stable & reliable tablet?
3) Which has the best WiFi connection strength/antenna
4) Which has the best build quality & feel to?
5) Which one would be the best all rounder to buy for prices stated above?
6) Which has the best / faster performance?

Just to let you know, my main use would be WiFi streaming of HD movies to a HDTV using the HDMI output, plus internet browsing & light gaming. I would probably use a usb drive to copy / run media files from too so Wifi strength & reliability, hdmi output, streaming media & USB (otg) are a key factor for my decision on which one to buy.

So please let me know your opinion or advice on these tablets. Also, if you have any better recommendations for a tablet with these features for a similar price then please let me know (or if you have seen the Fire & Hero cheaper anywhere else then please let me know).

Thank you,

Shuja

Last edited:

Dabooj

Jan 7, 2013
Thanks Ken.
That was a really helpful insight into the android tablets.
I have to say that the wifi issue with Android tablets (especially chinese manufactured ones) is a real concern. Almost everything i want to do with a tablet (internet use, emails, wifi streaming, etc) is dependant on a good wifi antenna but these tablets seem to lack this.
I probably would have bought a tablet by now if the wifi problem (and stability) wasn't such a concern!

Shuja

cpuken

Jan 10, 2013
Shuja,

I'm hoping some of the members here who Own Android Tablets, especially Chinese made, will help us out and tell us if their tablet works well with wifi, in particular a weak wifi signal. I can be at the other end of my house with my iPhone, wife's iPad, Kindle Fire HD and all of them connect and stay connected to my router... not my Pipo U2 tablet. The Pipo U2 will connect then drop the connection, re-connect then drop. Of course this makes streaming or even browsing a problem.
Hopefully others here will let us know how their tablets work with regard to Wifi. Maybe it's certain models, or certain brands or maybe even certain chip sets. Let's figure this out but we need everyone to let us know how their tablet works!! If I'm sitting in the same room as my router, it works like a champ but that's not how I envisioned using my tablet. I'd like to have this figured out before I purchase tablet #2.

Ken

Thanks Ken.
I have to say that the wifi issue with Android tablets (especially chinese manufactured ones) is a real concern. Almost everything i want to do with a tablet (internet use, emails, wifi streaming, etc) is dependant on a good wifi antenna but these tablets seem to lack this.
I probably would have bought a tablet by now if the wifi problem (and stability) wasn't such a concern!

Shuja

cpuken

Jan 10, 2013
Just a heads up to everyone who was waiting on the arrival of the Ainol Novo 7 Venus tablet.
It appears at the last moment, the shipping version of this tablet is missing a couple of features that some of us
had planned on.
1. No GPS
2. No Bluetooth

Not sure why Ainol made this decision to leave out possibly 2 key features!!! I was about 95% sure I was going to purchase
this tablet but now with these missing features, I need to see what else is out there. Maybe Ainol will reduce the price
to reflect the absense of these two key features?
Ken

Thanks Ken.

Shuja