Ainol Novo7 Elf Edition Released! IPS Cortex A10 Android 4.0 ICS

2morrow19

Dec 21, 2011
The Android 4.0.3 Novo 7 Elf Tablet PC replaces the the discontinued Advanced and Basic editions. It also improves on the Paladin by adding a faster 1.5ghz Allwinner A10 CPU, 1020x600 Capacitive screen, and web camera among other things.

Press Release

Product Link

$ainol-novo7-elf-android-4.0-ics-cortex-a10-tablet-01.jpg

Last edited:

jondo1383

Dec 29, 2011
Man this news makes me so f*king mad.

So for EVERYONE who's bought this MIPS processor is pretty much screwed, guess that's what you get from a unknown manufacturer.
They really just gave their company a bad rap, this MIPS processor is already a black sheep and if they don't back it with future releases, who will rewrite code for a small handful of devices!?

They cancel production of Basic (the original $100 big news item) and Advance, then release this Anal Paladen with no camera or hdmi out for the same $100 price [along with a MIPS' (now your screwed) processor].
AND STILL CONTINUE TO SCREW PEOPLE!

Looks like they're dumping the last MIPS on the butt pillaging Paladin and moving on to ARM processors.

So if your lucky enough to wait for this new $150 tab with higher rez and a processor that actually works with apps, I'm happy for you.
Me on the other hand can only hope to cancel my order before it ships.
I'd like to try this "ELF" but who can trust this company now?

Also how can this company "gadget gear" be the only one to sell it!?
I can see "pre-order" but WTF buyer beware!

Last edited:

boneskid1

Dec 30, 2011
i would agree i just order my novo7 basic and i went to go check my order and saw that 3 new tablets were released and i sure would of shelled out another 20 dollars for a
1gb processor over a 512mb processor

Dec 31, 2011
i would agree i just order my novo7 basic and i went to go check my order and saw that 3 new tablets were released and i sure would of shelled out another 20 dollars for a
1gb processor over a 512mb processor

What 3 new tablets were released? i know about the elf, but what were the other 2, and do you know the specs of them?

jondo1383

Dec 29, 2011
Ainol Novo7 Elf Edition Android 4.0 Tablet PC Package Contains:
  • 1 x Onda VI40 Tablet PC
  • 1 x Earphone
  • 1 x USB cable
  • 1 x Charger
This is actually a joke right? Someone else pointed this out on another forum and it's a shame that companies resort to these tactics to sell knock off products. BTW the sellers also go out to say the product's description is subject to change without notice...
I'd like a novo if it came with an ARM processor... after looking at MIPS', Ainovo's and Ingenic's this doesn't seem in their future. idk

Johnierw

May 20, 2011
I hope I get what I paid for I prepurchased my Elf from Chinagrabber on the 30th! My FT3 may be retiring soon!

All the promo sheets I've look promising?

Sent from my DISCO10 using Android Tablet Forum

boneskid1

Dec 30, 2011
Everythingandroid
I found the new tabs here they are at the top plus. The elf makes three better tablets
Than the novo7 basic
Android Tablets
Just look on this page its the aurora and the wizard but no hdmi output
I googled them and found nothing I think its just a tad earily for info
Also I emailed to see if I could cancel and I couldn't but what I did get told
Is they should have these 2 updated tabs in stock in about a week
Thanks,
Boneskid1

Oops I made a mistake they are also releasing a novo7 advanced 2

Last edited:

jsp_1983

Dec 11, 2011
With these being released, I would have expected a change in price of the Novo 8, but nothing has changed - am I wrong to expect a drop in price?

Kristie_L

May 10, 2011
I am hoping I am not purchasing S**t again. What does anyone know about this one:

Ainol NOVO Knight Paladin Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 8GB

Thanks

Kristie_L

May 10, 2011
The specs say it can take a mini sd card up to 32 GB. I don't care about the video ( I can watch video on it, right?) and camera. I paid $109.00 with free shipping at Merimobiles.

Johnierw

May 20, 2011

cloudynoctis

Dec 12, 2011
So according to the link to gadgetgreats, it is only $150 USD. I just ordered an Ainol Novo 7 Advanced (last batch). It has been shipped out and I paid the exact same price as the Elf on gadgetgreats. I just want your guys' thoughts on how much the actual price of this "Elf" will be? Obviously, I wouldn't want to pay for an older tablet with a lower resolution if there's a newer tablet that has a higher resolution at the same price. The point that I am trying to make is, if this tablet is not actually $150 as gadgetgreats claims and is more along the lines of being $180-200 USD, then I am fine with keeping the Advanced. But if the price truly will be around $150-$170 USD, then I'd rather sell my Advanced and wait for the Elf.

Last edited:

Johnierw

May 20, 2011
Here is the price from Chinagrabber Per Unit Price: $158.99
Item Number: Ainol Novo7 Elf Edition
Model Number: Novo7-Elf

This is currently $5 more than I paid (but I am on backorder), Lets see how long it takes??
So according to the link to gadgetgreats, it is only $150 USD. I just ordered an Ainol Novo 7 Advanced (last batch). It has been shipped out and I paid the exact same price as the Elf on gadgetgreats. I just want your guys' thoughts on how much the actual price of this "Elf" will be? Obviously, I wouldn't want to pay for an older tablet with a lower resolution if there's a newer tablet that has a higher resolution at the same price. The point that I am trying to make is, if this tablet is not actually $150 as gadgetgreats claims and is more along the lines of being $180-200 USD, then I am fine with keeping the Advanced. But if the price truly will be around $150-$170 USD, then I'd rather sell my Advanced and wait for the Elf.