Ainol Tab Novo 7 Mars

goble

Oct 21, 2013
Hi all,

I have a 'Ainol Tab Novo 7 Mars' tablet which was working great for more than 1 year (Obtained as gift and imported directly from china) and was in English. This tablet was used only for Skype. Since 1 week, people stopped from seeing me during Skype Video calls. I suspected that the new skype was the issue. Some tests through settings confirmed that there was no issue with the camera. After reading a lot on the net, I came to the conclusion that I had to upgrade the firmware. I tested 3 in all: 'aurora_feiyu_mod_(0515)_cwm', 'Novo 7 Elf II 0717 Firmware' and 'Novo7 Mars 1128' (The manufacturer site could not be accessed). All of them were completely in Chinese but I was able to change the language to English (some parameters and settings remained in chinese though). I decided in install an older version of Skype through APK (Play Store was no more available on these firmwares) but same camera issue. Moreover now the battery indicated 0% even after 1 hour charge. So now I'm suspecting that the initial firmware did contain a fix for the battery reporting issue as well.

I think it would have been better if initially I had removed Skype and install an older version through APK. But now I don't know where to get the original firmware.

Please note that I am a newbie in tablet, all comments and suggestions would be more than welcome to help me get back my tablet to normal working condition (with a working Skype if possible) ;-)

Regards,

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
Unfortunately, as you found out, the ainolstore archives are now gone to that bit bucket facebook and disappeared. Did you find the firmware at statedroid? You know there is a ainol forum here at androidtablets.net-

Novo Tablets

You might try your post there. There is a fix for the battery stuck problem you probably know about.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi goble, welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Novo Tablets forum for you, where more people familiar with that tablet are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!