AIRIS OnePAD 700 7" iMAPx210 supported in Spain

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
AIRIS OnePAD 700 7" infoTMIC tablet with ONEP AIRIS 700 support forum in Spain.

Touch TFT Screen 7 "Widescreen
ARM11 processor iMAPx210 @ 1 GHz
720p Compatible
Memory 256 MB DDR2
2 GB Flash Storage
2x USB Ports
USD 1x Card Reader
Wi-Fi 802.11bg
Speaker, Microphone and Line Out
Range approx. 5 hours
Dimensions 186 x 115 x 15 mm.
Weight ~ 0.40 kg
Android 2.2

DECLARATION OF CONFORMITY / DECLARATION OF CONFORMITY
name of the supplier / Suppliers name: INFINITY SYSTEM SL
Address / Address: A2, 48.5 Km, PARCEL 12 B, PI Cabanillas (GUADALAJARA)
Phone / Telephone: 949 349 100
Fax: 949 349 173
CIF: B-81477507
-States, under the responsibility of the team / Declare, Under Their responsability tha the device:
description of the equipment / Device description: Portable Android / Netbook with Android
Make / Brand: AIRIS
Model / Model name:
Manufacturer / Manufacturer: INFINITY SYSTEM SL
Country / Country: SPAIN
ref. Model / Model reference: TAB700x

NO "Mini HDMI" port equivalent to SYTABEX7.
AIRIS OnePAD 700 - Vistas.jpg

Note: Their method of update seems like one of the original methods utilizing a disk imaging utility (WinImage) to clone the micro SD with the update image. Even though the InfoTM Update Wrap Tools (IUW.exe) methods are challenging it is a lot more user friendly than this method. However, for the adventurous and able to comprehend Spanish it would be interesting to test their version of software.

Any assistance in reviewing their site for useful information that we can apply would be greatly appreciated. All of the pdf documents are in Spanish as is the forum.

Last edited:

giveen

Jan 11, 2011
NUEVA VERSIÓN DE SOFTWARE 2.0 (ANDROID 2.2) - 09/06/2011

Hello, Here's the software version 2.0 based on Android 2.2, for AIRIS ONEP 700 . As discussed in the forum, this version was still being tested but as some users are using it and say that the performance and stability is good, I decided to make it public. We are trabjando in version 2.1 because it has not been able to include many improvements and changes we have in the list of things to do. The update is based on WinImage and will need to download and install this program from a PC / Laptop with Windows. You will also need a microSD card and your computer has a microSD card reader (or an adapter to SD) instructions for carrying out the process are in a PDF file within the. ZIP IMPORTANT: This version of software deletes all the contents of what is stored in the local unit of AIRIS ONEP. It is important to make a backup before proceeding with the upgrade. Similarly, applications will have to be re-installed and configured. This update is only for the ONEP AIRIS 700 and is not used for other models of ONEP or KIRA, but are also based on Android and share technical characteristics. Its use on other computers may cause irreparable damage to the device.

HTTP Download Link (Megaupload) - "http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D52CJ50O"

(copy and paste into the address bar of your browser, without the quotes) NOTE: The password to unzip the file. ZIP is INFY

NOTE 2: Download HDD Low Level Format Tool Tool for example from the author's website . With this tool for use in a Windows computer, we can completely reformat the SD card after completing the upgrade process and restore the capacity of it.

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010

The disk image includes a InfoTM Update Wrap (.ius) file for Hardware ID "hwver=0.2.1.8". While it would seem this update could be applied to an 11.2.1.8 tablet, this tablet has NO "Mini HDMI" port so it's more similar to a SYTABEX7 "hwver=11.2.1.5". All of the underlying firmware (bootloader, Kernel, file systems) are provided by infoTMIC, according to their forum. Therefore, any of the existing perceived issues (battery, Wi-Fi, etc.) could still exist.

Wrap Information:
Code:
Company: None
Board: P7901UI
FileNum: 0.2.1.8.4.1
Size:    61 MB

Image List:
U0 (332.5 KB)
RD (167 KB)
LK (2352.5 KB)
ADR_USER (8.5 KB)
ADR_NDISK (8.5 KB)
ADR_AS (59888.5 KB)

$AIRIS_OnePAD_700-2.0-2011-06-09.JPG

The U0 u-boot.nand.bin is 2009.08-svn716 (May 13 2011 - 07:15:50).

Applying this update to the incorrect hardware could brick the tablet.

Last edited:

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
I already checked and read the complete forum regarding the new version that they have (my main language is spanish altought), and they described similar porblems like the one's that we have in our tablets, the airis looks exactly like ours (Sytabex7). the same specs like the Mini tablet express without the hdmi connector, and they also trying to fix the flash player.apk, the only way to install that update is via an sd card, they can install a keyboard and a mouse, they also have the wifi problem too, but?? i really dont know if the sytabex7 the mini tablet express could received that os update, i didnt find anyone talking regarding the autorotate on the screen they never mentioned anything regarding that. What i cant not believe if the autorotate .apk or alike have to get some harwdware inside to work?? i really believe that over here we are a big step forward from them, without disregarding their situation of course; they also have a "good" collection of links to workables .apk that runs over our tabs,

giveen

Jan 11, 2011
I wrote this in spanish to them
Over at AndroidTablets.net we are working on a tablet EXTREMELY similar to yours. We would love to work with you in the continual development of the Android OS on our mutual tablets. Please see this link to see all the work we have done, we are currently developing tools to decode the .IUS update files, we have the source code, and are hard at work on various areas
Sylvania Tablets

siz

Jul 16, 2011
Hi there. I just happened to read giveen's post back at the AIRIS forum and decided to register and have a look at what you guys have around. What I've seen is that, indeed, we share some problems such as the wireless disconnections, as well as market related ones. I'm just an OnePad onwer, so I can't really provide too much "technichal" data, but will gladly help in everything I can.

Regards

giveen

Jan 11, 2011
We would be glad to have any extra help. As you can see, we have made a lot of progress but still tons more work to be done. I got us the source code and we have successfully built a zImage, next we are going to be working on the system.img and hopefully have a sucessful flash.

siz

Jul 16, 2011
I'm not really an expert on Android, that really sounds great. Even though,I'd like to ask you something: is your tablet showing up in the device list at http://market.android.com ? because ours isn't at the moment, but it did appear some time ago identified as an ePad instead of OnePad.

giveen

Jan 11, 2011
Nope. In fact we just got a perfectly working market because of your forums. We had to do an elaborate hack to get ours working. Now we just stole your APK for it and it works right out of the gate.

siz

Jul 16, 2011
In our case, when we still had the old market, some free apps (as well as every paid app) didn't appear. An Android team named SuperTeam (who have made some CRoms for other devices) helped us by developing a tool which solved the problem with free apps. The Market apk you got from the forum is just a normal market apk, but some of us still have the problem of some apps not showing up.
The market webpage problem is actually very weird, because I wrote to the Market Support team and they told me our tablet did not appear on their records, so it should not be able to use Android Market.

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
"stole" their market.apk; jej, we can share some info with them, the tabs look a lot like ours, do it definitely has to be from the same Chinese manufacturer, what about the autorotation feature? it doesn't say nothing on the AiRis web site too

Sent from my Sytabex7 android tablet

siz

Jul 16, 2011
We have the same button in the notification bar but we can enable the autorotation feature and it works just fine. Also, I think the manufacturer is Infotmic, Chinese.

giveen

Jan 11, 2011
It actually goes beyond that, some other company manufactured another part of it, and the infotmic put their processor in it.