AIRIS OnePAD 700 7" iMAPx210 supported in Spain

Discussion in 'Sylvania Tablets' started by cfrockit, Jul 15, 2011.

1. cfrockit

cfrockit Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Sylvania SYNET7LP
    AIRIS OnePAD 700 7" infoTMIC tablet with ONEP AIRIS 700 support forum in Spain.

NO "Mini HDMI" port equivalent to SYTABEX7.
    [​IMG]
    Note: Their method of update seems like one of the original methods utilizing a disk imaging utility (WinImage) to clone the micro SD with the update image. Even though the InfoTM Update Wrap Tools (IUW.exe) methods are challenging it is a lot more user friendly than this method. However, for the adventurous and able to comprehend Spanish it would be interesting to test their version of software.

Any assistance in reviewing their site for useful information that we can apply would be greatly appreciated. All of the pdf documents are in Spanish as is the forum.
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2011
  2. giveen

giveen Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Dell Streak 7, Google Nexus 7 ,Sylvania SYNET7LP
    NUEVA VERSIÓN DE SOFTWARE 2.0 (ANDROID 2.2) - 09/06/2011

3. giveen

giveen Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
  4. lorenii

lorenii Junior Member

5. cfrockit

cfrockit Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Sylvania SYNET7LP
    The disk image includes a InfoTM Update Wrap (.ius) file for Hardware ID "hwver=0.2.1.8". While it would seem this update could be applied to an 11.2.1.8 tablet, this tablet has NO "Mini HDMI" port so it's more similar to a SYTABEX7 "hwver=11.2.1.5". All of the underlying firmware (bootloader, Kernel, file systems) are provided by infoTMIC, according to their forum. Therefore, any of the existing perceived issues (battery, Wi-Fi, etc.) could still exist.

Wrap Information:
    Code:
    Company: None
    Board: P7901UI
    FileNum: 0.2.1.8.4.1
    Size:    61 MB

Image List:
    U0 (332.5 KB)
    RD (167 KB)
    LK (2352.5 KB)
    ADR_USER (8.5 KB)
    ADR_NDISK (8.5 KB)
    ADR_AS (59888.5 KB)
    $AIRIS_OnePAD_700-2.0-2011-06-09.JPG

The U0 u-boot.nand.bin is 2009.08-svn716 (May 13 2011 - 07:15:50).

Applying this update to the incorrect hardware could brick the tablet.
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2011
  6. Jv90

Jv90 Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Sylvania Mini Tablet Express
    I already checked and read the complete forum regarding the new version that they have (my main language is spanish altought), and they described similar porblems like the one's that we have in our tablets, the airis looks exactly like ours (Sytabex7). the same specs like the Mini tablet express without the hdmi connector, and they also trying to fix the flash player.apk, the only way to install that update is via an sd card, they can install a keyboard and a mouse, they also have the wifi problem too, but?? i really dont know if the sytabex7 the mini tablet express could received that os update, i didnt find anyone talking regarding the autorotate on the screen they never mentioned anything regarding that. What i cant not believe if the autorotate .apk or alike have to get some harwdware inside to work?? i really believe that over here we are a big step forward from them, without disregarding their situation of course; they also have a "good" collection of links to workables .apk that runs over our tabs,
    • Like Like x 2
  7. giveen

giveen Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    I wrote this in spanish to them
    • Like Like x 2
  8. siz

siz Junior Member

Hi there. I just happened to read giveen's post back at the AIRIS forum and decided to register and have a look at what you guys have around. What I've seen is that, indeed, we share some problems such as the wireless disconnections, as well as market related ones. I'm just an OnePad onwer, so I can't really provide too much "technichal" data, but will gladly help in everything I can.

Regards
  9. giveen

giveen Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    We would be glad to have any extra help. As you can see, we have made a lot of progress but still tons more work to be done. I got us the source code and we have successfully built a zImage, next we are going to be working on the system.img and hopefully have a sucessful flash.
  10. siz

siz Junior Member

I'm not really an expert on Android, that really sounds great. Even though,I'd like to ask you something: is your tablet showing up in the device list at http://market.android.com ? because ours isn't at the moment, but it did appear some time ago identified as an ePad instead of OnePad.
  11. giveen

giveen Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Nope. In fact we just got a perfectly working market because of your forums. We had to do an elaborate hack to get ours working. Now we just stole your APK for it and it works right out of the gate.
  12. siz

siz Junior Member

In our case, when we still had the old market, some free apps (as well as every paid app) didn't appear. An Android team named SuperTeam (who have made some CRoms for other devices) helped us by developing a tool which solved the problem with free apps. The Market apk you got from the forum is just a normal market apk, but some of us still have the problem of some apps not showing up.
    The market webpage problem is actually very weird, because I wrote to the Market Support team and they told me our tablet did not appear on their records, so it should not be able to use Android Market.
  13. Jv90

Jv90 Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    "stole" their market.apk; jej, we can share some info with them, the tabs look a lot like ours, do it definitely has to be from the same Chinese manufacturer, what about the autorotation feature? it doesn't say nothing on the AiRis web site too

Sent from my Sytabex7 android tablet
  14. siz

siz Junior Member

We have the same button in the notification bar but we can enable the autorotation feature and it works just fine. Also, I think the manufacturer is Infotmic, Chinese.
  15. giveen

giveen Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    It actually goes beyond that, some other company manufactured another part of it, and the infotmic put their processor in it.
  16. siz

siz Junior Member

I don't really know. Back at our forum the admin said it was manufactured by Infotmic, including the motherboard and so on.
  17. Jv90

Jv90 Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    de verdad les trabaja la rotación automática? porque acá creeme que la he buscado y no hay por donde...

Sent from my Sytabex7 android tablet
  18. cfrockit

cfrockit Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Sylvania SYNET7LP
    Where possible let's try and keep the discussion here in English as we've been offered assistance by several users on both sites to translate where needed. In comparing online translators specifically for "Castilian" Spanish bing Translator Powered by Microsoft® Translator seems to produce the best translation. Even better is to Compare Spanish to English translation between Google™ Translate, Microsoft® Translator and PROMT-Online all at the same time. Between the three results, you can often determine what is being presented.

The AIRIS site and forum bring us formal documentation and direct online communication with a supplier who, has "officially" confirmed several commonly asked questions in this forum. While the documentation and forum are in Spanish, with a little effort we can combine efforts to fill in some of the missing blanks and confirm the perceived issues.

Note: There may have been as many as 50,000 Airis Tablet One Pad 700's sold recently, so their user community has grown very quickly.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2014
  19. Jv90

Jv90 Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Its ok then cfrockit, i just wanted to see if your translator works, and it seem's thats working great; well, 90% accurate....
  20. siz

siz Junior Member

Yes, the autorotation feature is working fine when we rotate the tablet in all four directions.