Aldiko on nook without rooting?

mindaugas

Feb 3, 2011
Can you install aldiko on a nook without rooting it? Couldn't find any info in the forums aside from rooting it.

mindaugas

Feb 3, 2011
I tried a Koby Kyros and rooted that, it was just too slow for me. Does anyone have any experience with that tablet, and will rooting the nook be similar and as easy? I don't mind rooting, but I do like the idea of not having to and knowing it just works.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Rooting on the Nook is fairly easy...and you can absolutely root and not worry about it for quite some time...

mindaugas

Feb 3, 2011
*running at 1.1Ghz with kernel-1100mhz-omap3630 *

Wow, how is heat on that? I was actually looking for a 1GHz tab as well. I have an Evo and I love the performance on that, so figured the premium for faster proc might be worth it. My evo is currently what I'm using to read books :(

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Heat isn't too bad at all...with SetCPU that 1.1 is running on Demand, so it only pushes hard when it needs to...but I can tell you that boot up time is nearly cut in half and everything zips very quickly.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
But I have to say that not rooting a Nook Color is like buying a box of cereal and just licking the box. Open that box and pour yourself some milk!

Awesome quote!

Don't know about the Koby Kyros, but if you stick to Android 2.1, autonooters and the couple of OC kernels you find here the Nook does just work. It is fast with little to no lag and does nearly everything you could want it to do other than take pictures and make calls. But hey, thats why we have phones and cameras :)