Aldiko Update crashes

jloffredo

Jul 11, 2011
So android market said there was an update for aldiko. I installed it. It opens fine, even in spanish.
But when I try to open any book it crashes. Does anybody know if there's some apk I need to install in order for it to work?

For now I uninstalled the update, but market keeps asking to update it.

Thanks!!

rhea

Aug 18, 2011
I couldn't get it to work (force close upon opening text) on mine. I had to go back to an older version.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Have you tried clearing its data/cache in Settings->Applications -> Manage Applications?

PS: if you clear data you may need to import your ebooks again.

edit: I still see v.2.0.2 using Market 2.3.6.
edit2: clearing data doesn't work, it seems. I've reverted to 2.0.1 (from another market).

Last edited:

Music

Feb 5, 2011
HIguys

My Aldiko is 2.0.2 and it crashes every time. It crashes for any kind of book- imported or download. I reinstalled it, even after deleting the old folder(s), and it crashes. This is crazy. The Aldiko helpdesk says they have it fixed, but I'm still reading recent posts about it crashing. Other readers work fine?

vetteman72

Jun 14, 2011
I had the same problem when I installed the update. I think its just a compatibility issue. If you uninstall it, you should still be left with your original version that works. That's what I had to do.

Sent from my CFW-MID8024 using Android Tablet Forum

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Latest Aldiko version as of now is 2.0.2 and it doesn't run (fc when opening a file) on Froyo (stock firmware for 7024/8024/1024). Latest version that works is 2.0.1 available elsewhere (SlideME IIRIC).