ALERT 4.010.10 UPDATE just appeared on my tab...

LabShark

Jul 7, 2011
Maybe some of us HAD different releases, and therefore need to get different patches, or if they
can't tell what release we have (for what ever reason) it defaults to a full load.

No clue how big mine was (It downloaded so fast I didn't notice).

I now have 010.10_COM_GEN2

Did AQ and Labshark get the same version?

I now have 010.11_COM_GEN2

Jress

May 9, 2011
Just got this update. Keyboard seems to not lag anymore, wifi is much quicker, and the OS seems snappier.

I do not know if this had been addressed, but I just tested my GPS. Turned off the wifi, went outside and started up copilot USA. The GPS located me in about 60 seconds. That's the quickest it has done that.

Tablet is working great, now...

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

stangmaster98

Mar 5, 2011
Anyone having issues with the download freezing up ? It has done it two times now .. once at 277mb and again at 260mb ? Strange

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Tablet Forum

deedub

Jul 4, 2011
This update shows up and downloads, but the installation fails, and I've made a couple of attempts :-(

magicalyak

Jul 15, 2011
It took me multiple attempts....but it eventually worked when I babysat the process. Are you on an early build? It seems there are two versions depending on how far back you are and the larger update is giving people more hiccups.

deedub

Jul 4, 2011
It took me multiple attempts....but it eventually worked when I babysat the process. Are you on an early build? It seems there are two versions depending on how far back you are and the larger update is giving people more hiccups.

I'm on 4.010.08_COM_GEN2

EZguy

Jul 3, 2011
Maybe some of us HAD different releases, and therefore need to get different patches, or if they
can't tell what release we have (for what ever reason) it defaults to a full load.

No clue how big mine was (It downloaded so fast I didn't notice).

I now also have 010.10_COM_GEN2

Did AQ and Labshark get the same version?
I now also have 010.10_COM_GEN2 But whatever it is, it didn't fix the problem with the Amazon Cloud Player stopping when screen is off...

suade907

Apr 27, 2011
Finally got my update to 3.1 yesterday afternoon. All seems well. Wifi is a little jumpy compared to before. My mother in law also got a A500 from target yesterday and I was helping her set it up and she got the update at the same time. Both of them worked perfectly at my house but when she took hers home it would not connect to her wifi. It was doing some funky looping stuff. I read on here about the wifi issues and she seems plagued by them. I'm gonna try hers on my home network again and then try the reset paperclip fix on hers, from what I understand it's when you change networks it screws up. And supposedly there is a fix coming soon.

Other than that, wow what a difference, with the update the tab is much smoother and responsive. Near ipad levels now. I'm much happier now. No crashes yet as well.

jasper994

Jul 14, 2011
I'm on .08 and no update available for me... What gives?!?

I'm still having to soft reset multiple times a day as I go from one network to another, and my damn case is getting pretty lose.