ALERT 4.010.10 UPDATE just appeared on my tab...

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
I'm on .08 and no update available for me... What gives?!?

I'm still having to soft reset multiple times a day as I go from one network to another, and my damn case is getting pretty lose.

You just have to wait your turn. You can probably trawl other forums and find a download source, but remember that there are many
different downloads out there depending on what you are running currently. The safest thing is leave it on one network, plugged in
with wifi sleep set to never. That way it has the best chance of getting the update.

The loop only happened once to my tablet, just two days prior to this upgrade, but I figured out immediately that a small pin hole
poked thru the case would prevent me from having to remove it again.

2wheelsagain

May 29, 2011
My new install of 4.010.40 was 376mb ant the only difference i can tell so far is the tab is much more responsive.
It needed 2 reboots to get wifi going again but no dramas there.
Reregistration is a bit silly and having to kill the key sounds again is not worth complaining about.
I will check the GPS tomorrow.

Slackerjoe

Jul 21, 2011
Hi Guys, I've tried to install this but if fails. I guess I need to unroot first? If I unroot, is rooting again an option?

Thanks for your input!!

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Hi Guys, I've tried to install this but if fails. I guess I need to unroot first? If I unroot, is rooting again an option?

Thanks for your input!!

It depends entirely on what you mean by the word "THIS".

Did you get a notification of a full update (300+meg) or did you get notification of a 30 to 48meg update.

The first is a full OS replacement. In the past these would install even if you were rooted, but NOT if you had removed bloatware.

The second (smaller one) is simply a patch to the previously released 3.1. The patch is pretty small and pretty specific to just the
wifi portion of the OS.

jasper994

Jul 14, 2011
The second (smaller one) is simply a patch to the previously released 3.1. The patch is pretty small and pretty specific to just the
wifi portion of the OS.

It's strange, how some people seem to be getting the patch pushed to them as an update, and others have to go find it on the support site.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
It's strange, how some people seem to be getting the patch pushed to them as an update, and others have to go find it on the support site.

Well if your tablet is having problems keeping wifi running you will never get it OTA.
For those cases ACER made the patch available.
Also helps the impatient who have to keep resetting their tablet daily just to get on line.

I actually wish they made ALL OS upgrades available for download.

Ahmazin

Jul 22, 2011
Got my update while I was at school, download 47MB. Installed, had a green android with a gear, then rebooted. Didn't notice anything really different until checking battery use. No phone usage! YAY! That should give us a lot more battery life!

Slackerjoe

Jul 21, 2011
Ok sorry. It's the 47mb download. I updated to 3.1 manually. So do I need to unroot to instal the 47mb one?

Thanks again for the help!!