All Apps Stop Responding On Nabi Big Tab

TreatmentRoom

Apr 2, 2017
I am having a problem with Nabi Big Tab 20 HD. All apps work for a few minutes and then stop responding. I have tried re-initializing it, wiping the cache, deleting all third-party apps and installing the newest APK of the Google Play Store. It does it in Safe mode as well.

It is running 4.4.2 and all apps are up to date.

I'm pretty sure I'm leaving out some of the things I've tried.... I've been at this for hours now haha.

Any ideas would be appreciated... Thanks!

TreatmentRoom

Apr 2, 2017
I sent Nabi a Facebook message and they responded very quickly with these steps which seem to have solved the problem for now:

• Perform a factory reset on the BigTab. All of the steps can be found here: http://bit.ly/2ej65Iy
• Go through the Initial setup; connect to Wi-Fi, but skip all the Goggle Sign in information. You can enter your child’s information.
• Once you are in parent mode, ignore the prompt saying “Start Here”. I want you to stay in Parent Mode by swiping right. Do not click on nabi mode!
• Press on Settings. Find Wireless & Networks and then More. When you click more you should see NFC. Click on NFC and uncheck NFC (We suggest to not enable NFC again or the issue will reoccur.)
• Wait until Google apps automatically update, you should see the update in the left-hand corner of the screen. It will prompt to accept some terms, please do so. Exit Settings
• Using the Google Chrome browser, put in the search bar “Update Google Play Services”
• The first option should be an icon that looks like puzzle piece. Click on the piece and it will ask you where you want to open the app. Open using Play Store
• It will then open it the Play Store.
• Tap on Update for Google Play Services App.
• When it is done go into App Zone, scroll to the bottom and select Account.
• Sign in with your existing Nabi ID