*ALL* Onda SD-Card Firmware Installer

Status
Not open for further replies.

trustno12003

Nov 21, 2012
Hi

How can we installed the patch.zip file? It includes all the google apps files apart from the chinese ones. Update.zip doesn't include GAPPS. Is there any other way to install Google Apps?

Best Regards

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Hi

How can we installed the patch.zip file? It includes all the google apps files apart from the chinese ones. Update.zip doesn't include GAPPS. Is there any other way to install Google Apps?

Best Regards

Just put a *HOW TO* above, please let us no which tablet your using thanks.

trustno12003

Nov 21, 2012
Hi iiDiabolusZz

Thank you for your fast answer. I'm sorry, I forgot to put the model. It's an Onda v811 and I want to install firmware 2.0.

Best Regards

anyidyoulike

Nov 22, 2012
Hello,

I`ve tried last evening to proceed like your instructions, but when I tried to install the new rom, the process was aborted by the tablet.
Please see attached the message.
It is any posibility to backup the curent ROM before update to the new firmware? Can you please describe the process for the backup?

Thank you for your support and I apreciate your effort to help us.

Best regards,
Daniel $2012-11-21 23.29.27.jpg

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Hello,

I`ve tried last evening to proceed like your instructions, but when I tried to install the new rom, the process was aborted by the tablet.
Please see attached the message.
It is any posibility to backup the curent ROM before update to the new firmware? Can you please describe the process for the backup?

Thank you for your support and I apreciate your effort to help us.

Best regards,
DanielView attachment 9102

Hi, could you tell us the firmware your using for upgrade? Which file your using and what firmware your running at the moment, thanks. The problem is in the firmware update your using "getprop" is a script in the updater used to check the firmware is going on the correct device, if its a custom rom they forgot to edit the script, let me know answers to questions above and will sort it for you.

anyidyoulike

Nov 22, 2012
Hi, thank you for your reply. I`ve tried the V971D_v2.0-JB1113 firmware. Any news regarding the backup of the curent ROM?

Attachments

• $2012-11-22 12.19.48.jpg
    $2012-11-22 12.19.48.jpg
    440.8 KB · Views: 6,034

trustno12003

Nov 21, 2012
Hi

Finally I've managed to installed firmware 2.00 in my Onda v811 and even root it, but it has been more difficult that I've expected.
- Updating the FW. I tried to use the factory_update_param.aml file with update.zip renamed to root.zip. It installed OK but the tablet didn't work fine. I couldn't see the SD or the internal storage. So I had to installed both update.zip and patch.zip. To do so I had to use the factory_update_param.aml from Vi40 DC update, that apart from installing both zip files it also wipes cache and data partitions. After installing that way everything seems to work ok. I can see the SD, the internal memory, etc.

- Rooting. I try to root using root_v10 and it didn't work. The apks returned errors when used. I had to use a chinese version from other forum. Once it's rooted with chinese superuser.apk, I had to remove it with es explorer and install superuser from Play. That worked fine.

So after some work I to my v811 with JB and rooted. It's working fine. Only issue I've found it's that many app appears as no compatible in Play. I'll try to find a fix for that.

Best Regards

asjohnston3

Oct 10, 2012
Just curious, which apps are not working? I have a rooted 811 running 2.0 and everything I've tried so far has worked.....

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
great job again iiDiabolusZz! :) just waiting for a jellybean update for my v712, or do you think the jellybean firmware update for the v711 could work on the v712? ^^

I would wait, they are in the process of the v712 4.1.1. The v711 would go on but you wouldnt be using your tablet to its max, be like a roll back to gingerbread! yours has the full HD screen v711 package does not contain the drivers for it.

vortgrenade4

Nov 14, 2012
I would wait, they are in the process of the v712 4.1.1. The v711 would go on but you wouldnt be using your tablet to its max, be like a roll back to gingerbread! yours has the full HD screen v711 package does not contain the drivers for it.

ok. thanks again!

sirknow

Nov 24, 2012
Hello, just a question.

Ive done the installation of the firmware, the only thing ive done different in the first part is instead of ROOT.ZIP i used the UPDATE.ZIP, i didnt renamed.
So i used the press + volume, put wipe factory data, and then i put update from sdcard and choosed update.zip.
thats ok, now instead of the old chinese with bunch of chinese apps, its chinese at beggining but there is no chinese apps, i just changed the language to english
here are the details right now after the first part:

android version 4.1.1
baseband: 2.0
kernel version
3.0.8-g47c8511-dirty
connor.zhang@droid07-sz))
#1 SMP PREEMPT sat nov 17 14:23:55 CST 2012

build number
JRO03c.eng.g12refM805.20121117

now the second part.....

ROOTING-

Now to root - Root with English SuperUser http://www.mediafire.com/?0cos8gcupaaegel

Inside the Download are 2 files root.zip and Factory update.aml

Now take root.zip and factory update and put them on your sdcard *Please make sure you have no other root.zip files on sdcard*
Now with tabet switched off press the home key and after 3 seconds press the power key the white bot should show then the green droid will start a repair process and it will reboot when done.
After reboot you should be rooted. Now remove the 2 files from sdcard.

ive done that with root.zip, it shows the green droid, repair process (very fast by the way) and NOTHING HAPPENS
with either root.zip or with update.zip (like did in first part), both are the same result, there is no superuser app or root explorer in the apps section, so it didnt get rooted

so i cant install GAPPS because i cant have root permissions and so on, something is happening
you know what i could do? thanks

ps.: iv tried evertying again renaming update.zip to root.zip in the first part, and the same result, cant get it rooted (no superuser or root explorer apps)
ps2.: my tablet is a ONDA VI30 8gb

Last edited:

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Hello, just a question.

Ive done the installation of the firmware, the only thing ive done different in the first part is instead of ROOT.ZIP i used the UPDATE.ZIP, i didnt renamed.
So i used the press + volume, put wipe factory data, and then i put update from sdcard and choosed update.zip.
thats ok, now instead of the old chinese with bunch of chinese apps, its chinese at beggining but there is no chinese apps, i just changed the language to english
here are the details right now after the first part:

android version 4.1.1
baseband: 2.0
kernel version
3.0.8-g47c8511-dirty
connor.zhang@droid07-sz))
#1 SMP PREEMPT sat nov 17 14:23:55 CST 2012

build number
JRO03c.eng.g12refM805.20121117

now the second part.....

ive done that with root.zip, it shows the green droid, repair process (very fast by the way) and NOTHING HAPPENS
with either root.zip or with update.zip (like did in first part), both are the same result, there is no superuser app or root explorer in the apps section, so it didnt get rooted

so i cant install GAPPS because i cant have root permissions and so on, something is happening
you know what i could do? thanks

ps.: iv tried evertying again renaming update.zip to root.zip in the first part, and the same result, cant get it rooted (no superuser or root explorer apps)
ps2.: my tablet is a ONDA VI30 8gb

I put CLEAR warnings and instructions on guide for a reason, the reason you use update.zip renamed is to keep the possibility of rooting open, when you install the update with usb or recovery you are closing the door on rooting (for now atleast), google are making it (for what reason i dont know as they give anyone the android sdk) so companys have to register there hardware for access to google apps etc.. try installing 4.0.3 then follow the guide again, updating to 4.1.1 then try rooting 2-3 times and it should get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.