*ALL* Onda SD-Card Firmware Installer

Status
Not open for further replies.

yanmad

Nov 19, 2012
hello
I have flashed my tablet without problem, thanks for the tuto, it's perfect
I have just a question, the google market is not present, how can I installed it ?

sirknow

Nov 24, 2012
I put CLEAR warnings and instructions on guide for a reason, the reason you use update.zip renamed is to keep the possibility of rooting open, when you install the update with usb or recovery you are closing the door on rooting (for now atleast), google are making it (for what reason i dont know as they give anyone the android sdk) so companys have to register there hardware for access to google apps etc.. try installing 4.0.3 then follow the guide again, updating to 4.1.1 then try rooting 2-3 times and it should get there.

ok ill do
how do i install this 4.0.3???
i tried this file New ICS 4.0.3 Firmware for Onda Vi10/Vi30/Vi30W/Vx610W/Vi10 DeluxeT&K Online Store Blog | T&K Online Store Blog
but it asks to install the USB DRIVER and i cant use the .INF to install (both win7 or xp) its failiing, there is a (android) in my hardware manager that i cant install, and so i cant update to 4.0.3.

do you have a guide/firmware i could use?

thanks

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
ok ill do
how do i install this 4.0.3???
i tried this file New ICS 4.0.3 Firmware for Onda Vi10/Vi30/Vi30W/Vx610W/Vi10 DeluxeT&K Online Store Blog | T&K Online Store Blog
but it asks to install the USB DRIVER and i cant use the .INF to install (both win7 or xp) its failiing, there is a (android) in my hardware manager that i cant install, and so i cant update to 4.0.3.

do you have a guide/firmware i could use?

thanks

WHY WHY WHY :)confused:) PLEASE anyone reading this if your going to use my guide then FOLLOW IT ALL, i have made it as easy as possible for you, it has the link to Onda GENUINE firmware, i uploaded the files you need so you know the links are my GENUINE files, all you need to do is know what tablet you have in your hands, thats it. If you start using other firmware/custom roms then dont blame me if the tablet BRICKS, if it doesnt Root try a few times if still no success then go back to 4.0.3 for now, we will get it and i will post as soon as... any other questions i am happy to answer!! (rant over) ;)

Last edited:

sirknow

Nov 24, 2012
WHY WHY WHY :)confused:) PLEASE anyone reading this if your going to use my guide then FOLLOW IT ALL, i have made it as easy as possible for you, it has the link to Onda GENUINE firmware, i uploaded the files you need so you know the links are my GENUINE files, all you need to do is know what tablet you have in your hands, thats it. If you start using other firmware/custom roms then dont blame me if the tablet BRICKS, if it doesnt Root try a few times if still no success then go back to 4.0.3 for now, we will get it and i will post as soon as... any other questions i am happy to answer!! (rant over) ;)

well so im lucky that i havent installed anything but only the ones in your post, but i dont know how to return to 4.0.3, if you have a good procedure could you give me pls, so ill return it to 4.0.3 and do it again your guide. right now my firmware is the one that i downloaded from your post, how could i return to 4.0.3?

as you said i went to the link again that you gave where i can find firmwares and i found this one

Vi30F_v0.51.rar
factory firmware, no upgrades
ill try to use this one to return it to 4.0.3
thanks

Last edited:

sirknow

Nov 24, 2012
i tried but every firmware file has like LiveSuitPack_v1.07.exe

i run this file, it creates a lot of files, then i plug my tablet and nothing happens, again an ANDROID in my hardware manager on windows and i cant do anything

how can i install my vi30 on windows so i could use these firmwares with .IMG file and so son?

thanks

trustno12003

Nov 21, 2012
Just curious, which apps are not working? I have a rooted 811 running 2.0 and everything I've tried so far has worked.....

Hi

The apps works great. The problem is in Google Play. They cannot be installed from Google Play because they are supposed not to work. I think it's an issue with the permissions of google play in these chinese tablets. I've got a fix for vi40 ICS but I don't know if it would work in this model.

Regards

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Hi

The apps works great. The problem is in Google Play. They cannot be installed from Google Play because they are supposed not to work. I think it's an issue with the permissions of google play in these chinese tablets. I've got a fix for vi40 ICS but I don't know if it would work in this model.

Regards

Just to be sure, the problem your having is only with google apps? Chrome/Maps etc... if so your correct, its because onda have no permission to use the store, download the apps you want example <maps.apk> (google will find) and put them on your external sd card and repeat the process with root explorer used to put playstore on.

xelsson

Nov 25, 2012
Excellent work OP. Bought a V712 in Shanghai yesterday, updated and rooted without any problems thanks to your guide today!

sirknow

Nov 24, 2012
hello? how could i install the 4.0.3 version on my VI30??

i run the file from that link on onda.cn, it creates a lot of files, then i plug my tablet and nothing happens, again an ANDROID in my hardware manager on windows and i cant do anything

how can i install my vi30 on windows so i could use these firmwares with .IMG file and so son? or do you have another guide to install this 4.0.3?

Last edited:

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Last edited:

backspace

Nov 24, 2012
Forgive this stupid question but in your walk through notes are you saying to save zip to external sd?
If so I am snookered as I cannot see the external sd no matter what I do.

SICOPOLY

Nov 26, 2012
Hello Guy
I Upgrade my Onda VI30 Ultimate to the android 4.1.1 firmware that onda release
But i notice that it was not rooted as the others firmwares.... so i come to your work to try to root my tablet

SO as I upgrade my tablet as onda said(livesuit), i go directly to your ROOTING section:
ROOTING-

Now download this file Root-Inside.zip **New 25.11.12**

Inside the Download are 2 files root.zip and Factory update.aml

Now take root.zip and factory update and put them on your sdcard *Please make sure you have no other root.zip files on sdcard*
Now with tabet switched off press the home key and after 3 seconds press the power key the white bot should show then the green droid will start a repair process and it will reboot when done.
After reboot you should be rooted. Now remove the 2 files from sdcard.

So i download that file and unzipped then i copy both files, root.zip and Factory update.aml to my root directory $Captura1.JPG

Then i enter on recovery mode and nothings happen, just appear my android death!!$IMG_20121126_210909.jpg$IMG_20121126_210923.jpg

It can be the factory_upload_param bad update_package path??? i saw when i open an file manager app that my sdcard is under mnt/sdcard i must chage that?

Please Can you upload a video to show us what we have to do and what must happen?

I would like to get my tablet rooted... :(

tstonick

Jan 11, 2011
I have a VI20W, which seems to never get updated. It is a non-normal format. Which firmware is the best for this tablet? I can't seem to find a newer one than the original ics release for it. I know the VI40 VI30, etc. have newer updates. The only thing different about it is the aspect ratio. 4:3 instead of 1.66:1 or whatever it is on the others. Any thoughts?

SICOPOLY

Nov 26, 2012
Guys, i could rooted my Onda Vi30 Ultimate with the official onda 4.1.1 firmware with this method Root MANY ANDROID! [Upd: 22.11.2012] - xda-developers

I just download the file, unzziped on the desktop, activate the USB debugger on the tablet, run the RunMe.bat file and just follow the instrucction and it will be done! :)

However, now i cant download all aplications from the play store, for example with 4.03 and 4.0.4 official roms i could download chrome app but not with this rom
How can i solved that? anyone knows? (donwload the apk from internet and install on the device is not a solucion xD )

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.