*All* Onda Tablet Firmware Update Walk-Through

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyMD11

Nov 18, 2012
I updated my V811 to the 2.0 Jellybean ROM and was trying to just do the root portion of this post.

My V811 has no volume buttons. When I got in to recovery, the home button used to move the highlighted selection, but now just turned the screen off and on. I wasn't able to install from TF Card.

Anyone have any thoughts?

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
I updated my V811 to the 2.0 Jellybean ROM and was trying to just do the root portion of this post.

My V811 has no volume buttons. When I got in to recovery, the home button used to move the highlighted selection, but now just turned the screen off and on. I wasn't able to install from TF Card.

Anyone have any thoughts?

If the home button doesn't work then it's touch screen will still be active in recovery like the galaxy tabs/phones, just press to select.

asjohnston3

Oct 10, 2012
I also have a 811 running 2.0 / 4.1. I'm pretty sure that the 2.0 update locks out the SD card flashing method. The only way I was able to install 2.0 was with the Flash tool & a Win7/32 PC. I tried flashing the Root.zip file from a card with the same results. Anyone else manage to root 2.0 on an Onda dual core?

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Last edited:

backspace

Nov 24, 2012
Hi, help help,went through the steps on walk through, wiped factory data etc but when I go to apply update from sd card comes up with error failed to maount /sd card ( no such file or directory) WTH do I do now?? Oh and by the way Im a complete novice at this tablet thing(sorry), any help would be great. My Tab is an Onda Vi 40 dual core V1.

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Hi, help help,went through the steps on walk through, wiped factory data etc but when I go to apply update from sd card comes up with error failed to maount /sd card ( no such file or directory) WTH do I do now?? Oh and by the way Im a complete novice at this tablet thing(sorry), any help would be great. My Tab is an Onda Vi 40 dual core V1.

Might sound like a silly question but you are copying the update.zip to your external sdcard? i have a easier way here - http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...l-onda-sd-card-firmware-installer-v1-0-a.html

Status
Not open for further replies.