All Sylvania / Disgo/ Infotmic panel owners, pls read/assist

meggiedude

Jun 28, 2011
Hi there.

I am after some help from you all here.

Like most people with these tablets we are living with flakey firmware and problematic wifi (in particular)

I have a Disgo 6000 with terrible wifi dropouts and have raised a call with my_Disgo on their support web page (no phone unfortunately) and via their twitter page.

Their twitter page http://twitter.com/#!/my_disgo indicates that an 'update' should be coming 'early July' - but there have been false dawns in the past if you look at the prev tweets.

So far I have no response to either the the help desk call or the tweets I sent.

Can I ask that as many of you as possible tweet similar request for help and/or info on the upgrade delivery timelines.

Please note if we get a working solution here this will potentially benefit not only the Disgo owners, but also the Sylvania and other Infotmic OEM owners.
(btw if you are in this category its probably worth not mentioning that you are a Sylvania/Infotmic owner for obvious reasons)

Thanks in advance

MD

Last edited:

jam365

Jun 27, 2011
I also recently bought a disgo 6000 however i have had no problems with the wifi. I have however rooted my disgo using universalandroot and then installed the beta update following the instructions in this post, which effectively makes it into a sylvania tablet. I also removed some of the unneccesary apps following this post and then installed a partially functional (only free apps) android market following the information here (look at the post about half way down written by Xi2wiked) i have to say im impressed with what i got for my money. I added a 100GB usb hdd without having to do anything it just worked out the box and have bought a case with usb keyboard as well. only problem i have is the battery life which is very poor when using wifi and full brightness on the screen... about 2.5 hours, and even less when watching video /powering the usb hdd.

to that end, i would suggest the wifi issue may be related to your particular device or your network setup as i myself have no real problems with my device

Rrok007

Nov 21, 2010
Ans so it was that the point, having been cleverly disquised as an entirely different location, was completely missed.

And now for something, altogether similar.

Sent from my Behold II using Android Tablet Forum

meggiedude

Jun 28, 2011
I also recently bought a disgo 6000 however i have had no problems with the wifi. I have however rooted my disgo using universalandroot and then installed the beta update following the instructions in this post, which effectively makes it into a sylvania tablet. I also removed some of the unneccesary apps following this post and then installed a partially functional (only free apps) android market following the information here (look at the post about half way down written by Xi2wiked) i have to say im impressed with what i got for my money. I added a 100GB usb hdd without having to do anything it just worked out the box and have bought a case with usb keyboard as well. only problem i have is the battery life which is very poor when using wifi and full brightness on the screen... about 2.5 hours, and even less when watching video /powering the usb hdd.

to that end, i would suggest the wifi issue may be related to your particular device or your network setup as i myself have no real problems with my device
If you read my other posts mate you will see that I already have 2.2 preloaded on this Disgo6000.
Others 6000 owners see similar issues to what I see.
Do you suggest I downgrade to 2.1 - then upgrade manually back to to 2.2 with all the associated f*nnying around you mention?
BTW I am already rooted, and have the market, plus my wifi network works fine and dandy with my other devices.

My point is, my experience suggests my_Disgo are ignoring their customers (in this case me) by not answering polite requests for help on their support site and twitter pages.
All customers deserve a fully working solution, which is why I am asking when we will get the upgrade, and asking others to support this request. In additional it should not be too much to expect a response from Disco's support team, even if its just 'We are looking into it', or 'Here is the current status'.

Finally, to reiterate, if a manual install is made available, it may benefit other Infotmic OEM tablet owners, and that's the biggest point you are missing. That's why I suggest everyone bombard the my_Disgo twitter site.

Last edited: