Almost sold on getting the note...but I started reading bad reviews.....

payton34chi

Nov 28, 2012
I have read picture quality is bad...since its not hd, Tablet runs slow when multi-tasking, Stylus pen is not responsive, it feels cheap.

My wife and I want it for the note taking for our jobs...and we have been wanting a tablet

Can anyone answer some of these questions with their opinions?

thanks

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
You will read more like that but also some really glowing reviews regarding the same things. Because of the digitizer you would probably be VERY pleased with it.

Uzumlubay

Oct 13, 2012
Not all reports are unbiased, there are a lot of Apple fans out there.

I am not saying the Note is perfect - I would have liked to have seen a higher resolution display - but it is probably the most productive tablet on the market so far. Samsung have also just enhanced ıt with their latest upgrade to Jelly Bean which includes their new Premiun Suite. Have a look at the thread below from Tom T.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
To be honest, the Note 10.1 is an awesome tablet.

As for the display, I cannot tell much difference between a 1280x800 display and a 1920x1200 display. I had a TF101 in one hand and a TF700 in the other yesterday, and there is not much difference that the naked eye can see. I have done the same in Best Buy a few times with the TF300 and the TF700. 720p (1280x720) is technically HD. It is not FULL HD (1080p) but it is still pretty damn impressive on a 10" display.

Also, here is the article by TomT that Uzumlubay was referring to: www.androidtablets.net/forum/samsun...e-10-1-4-1-update-soon-even-more-awesome.html

Oh, and I have a friend who had an iPad 2, then got a TF101, then went back to an iPad 2, then to a TF201, then to an iPad 3 and then got the Note 10.1 when it came out. He is STILL rockin the note after 4 or 5 months and has no desire to go back to Apple, or get a different Android tablet.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Oh, and I have a friend who had an iPad 2, then got a TF101, then went back to an iPad 2, then to a TF201, then to an iPad 3 and then got the Note 10.1 when it came out. He is STILL rockin the note after 4 or 5 months and has no desire to go back to Apple, or get a different Android tablet.

Knowing who Frederuco is talking about, the last sentence is pretty serious stuff. We have been ribbing this person for a long time about his tablet jumping so settling on the Note is a really big deal.

cali

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sep 25, 2011
Every time I read a bad review, it causes me to pause. As stated before, you can't trust all opinions, but I look forward to reading what people who post on these enthusiast sites have to say. I have more confidence based upon what the "majority" here (will) say. Know this doesn't help your dilemma, but just providing my perspective in general. Don't ever make a decision based upon just one bad, or good, review.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
payton34chi said:
I have read picture quality is bad...since its not hd, Tablet runs slow when multi-tasking, Stylus pen is not responsive, it feels cheap.

My wife and I want it for the note taking for our jobs...and we have been wanting a tablet

thanks

The interesting thing is, if note taking is your primary need, you should be writing a thank you note to Samsung. Seriously, what other tablet are you going to even consider? And to answer some of your concerns, the screen is quite good, viewing angles are great and color saturation is pleasing and adjustable. Is it as good as the Asus Infinity? Of course not, there is some compromise here, but the Note is fast, the multitasking works very well and will soon be much better, and the digitizer layer adds the functionality, and believe me the S Pen works great, that makes this tablet a valuable tool for those who understand, and more importantly need, the features it offers.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

LFDTruckie

Nov 29, 2012
I recently used my new Galaxy Note 10.1 while doing some field ops after Hurricane Sandy here on Long Island. I used a screen capture of the map in the area we were working in, and used S-Note to plot out where my guys were surveying. Kept notes and phone numbers on a new page, and was able to move in an instant without having to un-tape the paper map from the hood of the truck!

I am so anti-Apple.. and have been wanted an Android tablet for a while now. I love my Galaxy!!

Being a photographer, image quality is key to me, and quite honestly, I have no problems with the screen resolution. My photos scream on this screen!!

Just my $.02

plck68

Sep 25, 2012
hi, i would say the note for working purpose beats the rest of the tablet flat(juz my opinion),the ipad for emails, internet, movies really smooth. I have a note for work, a iphone5 for pleasure, best of both world.
The only thing for note is resolution, if u were a ipad user before, a moviefreak, i do not think u can ever accept it, if u have never used a tablet/ipad, i don't think u can tell the difference unless u put them side by side.
For the note, u can only mutitask on a few items, how slow can it get?
The note taking function is a fantastic. Hope this helps.

thanks

payton34chi

Nov 28, 2012
Thanks everyone for the feedback......Going to order my note tablet tonight. I am stoked about using the multitasking and s pen. My wife is excited also to add stuff to pictures of our kids and the spen for work as an rn.....thanks everyone for their feedback again

sheryltoo

Nov 9, 2012
I know I'm a little late but I think you're making the right decision.
I've wanted a tablet every since Apple came out with the ipad but could never justify buying one since to tell you the truth, I really don't need one. I just happen to love electronics and thought the ipad looked fun, plus it was small so it would be easier to use if I was travelling on a plane some place.
In any event, I held back buying a tablet until just recently when Windows came out with their surface tablet. I myself prefer Windows over any operating system and loved the look of the surface tablet so I bought it.
I returned it two weeks later. Not because I didn't like it because I did but because Windows ate up almost half of the hard drive.
I then bought an Asus transformer tablet. Infinity TF700t. It was ok but the keyboard wasn't nearly as nice as the surface tablet nor the display so I returned it and bought the newest ipad. I bought it because I had wanted one for so long, plus the display was beautiful but that got returned less then a week later. I absolutely hated it. I told the salesman the one thing I liked was the display and asked if there was any other tablet with a decent display. He recommended the Note 10.1 and he was right. This tablet was a winner. It takes beautiful pictures and videos. In fact, it took better pictures then the ipad.
I haven't done a whole lot with the pen but it seemed to work fine.
Good luck with your tablet.

MACA2B2

Oct 29, 2012
I have read similar reviews before getting my note 10.1 & think criticisms are overrated. My personal
objectives were; be able to draw/create & write. My concern was my handwriting which
is pretty bad, I'm a much better typist. This site is a great place to get support. What I was looking
for was an 'everything' device. Another member helped me find a logitech bluetooth keyboard & I was off &
running. So have to say that I'm really pleased with the device. Also downloaded B&N eReader & Netflix. Both
work great.

thanks

Dec 12, 2012
hey guys (and gals) so i want to ask about watching the movies on it, like from netflix ant stuff, also what about hd and mkv files? also how is a battery on it, heard that its life is worse than tab 2 10.0