Alternate A/C Charger

jackpotcoyote

Mar 6, 2011
Yeah, there is a cheap universal adapter with the tip that fits in the Kyros as one of the options, it's like 7 bucks at big lots, also got a car charger for 4$ there. As long as you can find a universal adapter that has the right tip, puts out 5v and the right ma rating, you can use it.

EAM

Mar 9, 2011
What size is the tip? I have a solar charger that has a usb output and would like to try to find an adapter for the tip. I believe I have 3.5 female wire that fits my solar charger so I would need whatever a 3.5 male to ?? mail adapter. Thanks

AspireOne

Apr 7, 2011
I just got the Dynex DX-UA universal charger from BestBuy ($30.00). It has settings for 5v,1.9A and a tip that fits. I am charging my Kyros now. Hopefully it works.

Bayboy

May 4, 2011
Was the charging successful? I've lost the charger and need a replacement. Contacted Coby warranty and I can get a replacement for $6 but you have to wait 4-6 weeks for delivery.

sickness

Apr 6, 2011
Charger from nokia 6500 slider with thin tip works great, just strip a little plastc from the tip to make it longer, work's perfect.