Alternate Launcher in 2.2

rob_writer

Apr 7, 2011
I'm using 2.2 on my Disgo and was just wondering if anyone had found a stable alternative launcher. I find the one that comes with the tablet pretty poor, and I read some people used Helix laucher in the past but that's crashing for me.

I would normally have tried lots until I found one, but I didn't manage to get the market working, so whilst I can APKs from my other tablet it's pretty time consuming, hence it'd be good if I could get a suggestion.

Also, if anyone managed to get a verion of google news and weather (called genie.apk) working that'd be great - it crashes on my discgo too.

Cat88Extreme

Mar 15, 2011
One more vote for Launcher Pro. I have used this on both my Optimus S (true froyo) and Express tablet 2.20 and it is very stable. Also remember to delete the widgets from the stock launcher first. There have been reports of the widgets running in the background even though they weren't installed on the new launcher. Once uninstalled from the stock luancher they no longer run in the background.

rayhodge02

Apr 27, 2011
Yes launcher pro plus ...waiting on the optimized honeycomb version to appear

Sent from my Xoom using Android Tablet Forum

HIPPOHIPS

May 24, 2011
I used both launcher pro plus and android seven both are great ones u should try them...i got them from applanet they are payed but applanet gives them for free..enjoy!

dakto74

Jul 2, 2011
Go launcher ex (android market) on my huawei s7 best buy 104 running the indonesian 2.2.2. rom and my Nexus S (Tmobile). Scrolling dock, animated weather wallpaper, transitions etc. look on Youtube first the 24 min one. This makes my Huawei S7 really enjoyable.

st0ne

Mar 1, 2011
I have installed Launcher Pro. Very nice. Can I now remove the standard launcher.apk?
Also... Using Launcher Pro to set a jpg as the background I have noticed that the pic is just fine on the unlock screen, full pic shown full screen. But when I unlock it the pic gets bigger than the screen and only shows about the top 2/3's of the pic and it looks blown up. (bigger pixels).
what can I do to fix this? any ideas?

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I went through this before, the solution was to place the image within a larger frame, takes a little experimenting to get it just right. For example on my Huawei S7 I believe it was something like an 800x480 image in a 1600x640 frame. Hope this helps.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Android Tablet Forum

cheesemp

Jun 25, 2011
I was using ADW launcher but it kept losing the main application list button (with no apparent cause) so I've switched back to the built in launcher.