Alternative to app2sd >>>> link2sd

manxman

Aug 2, 2011
Thanks again.

I confirmed that both are set as primary with Minitool Partition manager, and had even reformatted the whole sd with SD Formatter, as there may have been an initial problem with truly removing that first 2gig partition. I might swing back to an earlier version of Link2sd to see if it handles anything differently.

manxman

Aug 2, 2011
Working now! Thanks for tip on which version to start with. v1.7.0 linked files correctly. Great job.

Tareq

Nov 30, 2011
Hi guys,
unfortunately for me after doing all the steps every time I reboot it tells me "mount scripe cannot be created" or that I have to make a quick reboot.. however, even after that I still don't see the apps I linked.. because it is not mounting at boot!!
anyway to fix this?
thank you very much in advance!

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Hi guys,
unfortunately for me after doing all the steps every time I reboot it tells me "mount scripe cannot be created" or that I have to make a quick reboot.. however, even after that I still don't see the apps I linked.. because it is not mounting at boot!!
anyway to fix this?
thank you very much in advance!

The main problem people are having, as noted above, is you have to install an older version of link2sd (1.7x) to set up the scripts, then you can install the latest version.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Android Tablet Forum

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
Hi guys! After having my hs7 in moth balls for the last 2 years I just spent the last 24 hours bringing it up to date. I had it replaced way back when under warranty and just put it away. I had gotten another tablet by then. So when I started it up I found that it had eclair on it!! I am on a new computer so all my hacking tools are gone for the moment. Trying to find files from 2 years ago was almost impossible.

But I did find froyo 2.2.2, got it updated using dload files, Rooted it with gingerbreak, just repartitioned my internal sd card with 2nd partition in fat 32 with 1.8gb, and loaded link2sd 1.7, started it, found my partitions, and rebooted. I was so slow and forgot alot, but I did get the job done! :)

I'm just stuck on getting CWM back on or TWRP which I don't know will work on this tablet. I have been thru the TF 101 and the nexus 7 and a nook wifi since last posting in this forum. Phones would be the Galaxy Nexus, the Orig. Note, and have been enjoying learning windows phone 8 with my new lumia 521.

Don't know if anyone still has interest in this tablet anymore, but it was fun and frustrating relearning it. I hate using adb, and all my adb tools are not on this new windows 8 computer. Hoping for an easier way to CWM!:p It's nice to see linux being ported to this device (ubuntu)- would love to do that but it is way beyond my abilities:eek:, and some JB mods and roms.

So I updated eclair to froyo, rooted, got link2sd working, and the phone works. Just need to tackle CWM so I can flash newer roms. Most of the time was spent hunting down old files, links that no longer worked, megaupload not being there anymore, and some old friends whose sites are no longer in use. Also huawei no longer supports this tablet on their site.

Last edited:

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
Hi Lee!! This is where it all started!!!! :D I conquered link 2sd! 2 years ago, and again last nite! certainly much easier after 2 years of hacking other gadgets than the first time. That took 2 weeks!!! CWM has got me stumped thou. Can't find files. I can't find the power cord to my old computer to get what I collected 2 years ago, but I am still looking for it. It's here somewhere. I had it when we went to Vegas in May.

Last edited:

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I haven't booted up my S7 for a long time, just pulled it out of a drawer and am looking for the charger. Link2sd was a game changer for the tablet.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
I agree. If I hadn't had a problem and needed to return for warranty, I probably would have continued with it. I dug it out to see if I really would use the voice capability in a tablet. Really would love the note 8 (international version). Don't know if I would use the voice or not, so the hs7 is a good comparison. Although it is very heavy compared to the new tablets.

Enjoy tinkering Tom! :)

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
I agree. If I hadn't had a problem and needed to return for warranty, I probably would have continued with it. I dug it out to see if I really would use the voice capability in a tablet. Really would love the note 8 (international version). Don't know if I would use the voice or not, so the hs7 is a good comparison. Although it is very heavy compared to the new tablets.

Enjoy tinkering Tom! :)

Oh- and Lee- this is where buzzman was born. I went from sashusmom>buzzman! You know that story!

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
Hi Tom. If you can't find a charger, you can pull the battery and use a battery charger on it. You know, the adjustable kind with the sliding pins.

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
So I have been playing with this dinosaur tablet for 2 days now and I have to say it's still pretty good when comparing it to the newer Nexus 7 (old version- 2012). It took a day for the market to update itself then I was able to access my 2 accounts and past purchases on both. Initially you were stuck with the one you signed in with first.

Also in relation to link2sd, I had everything set up great. Then all of a sudden I was low on space- notified by drop down menu. So I went back into link2sd settings and all the updated apps lost their link and I had to link them manually even thou I have it set to auto. I went from having only 25mb free to over 100 free just by relinking. Amazing how well this program works. Just a reminder, you lose the icons on your screens till you reboot.

Also, T-mobile still does not allow you to use a prepaid sim to access data!! Almost 3 years later!! So however they marked this unlocked tablet/phone in their system is still blackballed for a regular phone sim chip for data use. However, my Ptel sim (mvno of tmo) does work for data! So I would imagine other providers will work for data too.

I was on amazon last nite looking for spare chargers and they have a nice selection! I was very surprised.

I still don't have cwm or twrp on this. I can't get drivers for my windows 8 pc. I have usb drivers- don't know if they are the adb drivers I need to run scripts ( which I don't really remember how to do but I could probably stumble thru it ) but I am rooted with titanium BU, so that may be enough to make me feel OK.

To have phone capability on a tablet is a nice plus with an extra PAYG sim to have. I would never carry it around as my main cell, but it's a nice feature to have if traveling in a car or hotel.

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
The main problem people are having, as noted above, is you have to install an older version of link2sd (1.7x) to set up the scripts, then you can install the latest version.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Android Tablet Forum

And thanks Tom for this post! This is what got me up and running!!