Alternative to IOS Goodreader

dargoniw

Apr 3, 2012
Im looking for an Andriod tablet app alternative to the IOS app Goodreader
there are lots of prf readers but goodreader is more than just a pdf reader
any suggestions?

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
There are lots out there, I like aldiko personally.

Sent from my M9701 using Android Tablet

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
While I have never fallen in love with Aldiko, it is the most capable. I find I am happier with using multiple readers, but that is me.

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Gurgle, which readers do you use? I may change my mind.

Sent from my M9701 using Android Tablet

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
This may sound funny, but there is a logic to my madness. I may be reading three to four books at the same time. These may be multiple formats (PDF, EPUB,PDB,TXT,MOBI) and books.

So, I may have on my ASUS TF101, ezPDF and Acrobat running simultaneously for PDFs, and I may be using Cool Reader for my EPUB,MOBI,PDB and Txt and fall back on IReader or FBReader for additionals concurrent use of books.
But my primary readers are:
PDF- ezPDF
EPUB,MOBI,PDB,TXT- Cool Reader

Secondary
PDF -Acrobat
EPUB,MOBI,PDB,PRC,TXT- FBReader, IReader

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
I mostly use Lumiread and Kindle, but I wanted a reader that I could read pdf books well. Last night I came across a very good free reader called Mantano Reader and I'll be reading more pdf books now because it won't be annoying any longer. It is also an epub reader, and it has all the features I will ever need and want for pdf reading. I love the import feature because it lets you decide just what books to import. There is a paid version also. It has lots of good reviews.