Aluratek CinePad

actonnj

May 6, 2012
Does anyone have any info about the Aluratek CinePad? They have it advertised at Walmart for $199. It says it has a 10 inch screen, 8 GB of memory with expandable slot, wifi and bluetooth, access to Google Play, and it is running Android 4.0. Sounds too good to be true! I've been scouring the internet for info and I'm not having much luck. Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

J

jimbo7630

How odd! I entered your header in Google and got over 11,000 hits!

Last edited by a moderator:

actonnj

May 6, 2012
LOL. Thanks. But what I meant was I was having difficulty finding any types of reviews on it, whether it be from experts or users.

J

jimbo7630

oops!!!!!!

Edit: extra exclamation marks because you have to post a minimum of 10 characters!

J

jimbo7630

Found one review, not very complimentary!

"Junk

Strengths: Its size
Weakness: The stupid thing wont turn on, doesnt come with an instruction manual, and the only way to get apps is through amazon which doesnt come close to the android market. Cant find any troubleshooting
The whole experience with this thing is ridiculous.!"

Review from PriceGrabber.com

actonnj

May 6, 2012
Doesn't sound great. There are 2 reviews on the walmart website, one 5 star and one 1 star. It seems to be a toss-up! I'll keep my eyes on it.

liv2scoot

Aug 21, 2011
I've just ordered the 7 inch model from tigerdirect.ca for $130. There is one positive review. They are fairly new so not a lot of info yet. Not a lot of money to experiment with.
Strange that Aluratek's website has no info on Cinepads. May not be any support whatsoever for these things. I will be sure to post my thoughts on the device here later on.

Jimbo48

May 14, 2012
Oops. I just bought a 7" Cinepad from Tigerdirect for $ 120. I am looking to use it as a "Trainer" tablet. Box has NO Tech/Operating manual. Called Aluratek an they said service was forthcoming. Now, if I can find a Dummies 101 guide I'll try to puzzle it out.

Roosterq

May 20, 2012
I bought the 7" the other day, and while it does not come with Google Play, it is fairly easy to load, you just need to find and download the google play.apk file from various file share locations. I used 4shared.com. It works pretty good, and for the price, it is very hard to beat. I would choose this over the Kindle Fire as it has a much newer version of Android and neither came with Google Play store.

liv2scoot

Aug 21, 2011
I bought the 7" the other day, and while it does not come with Google Play, it is fairly easy to load, you just need to find and download the google play.apk file from various file share locations. I used 4shared.com. It works pretty good, and for the price, it is very hard to beat. I would choose this over the Kindle Fire as it has a much newer version of Android and neither came with Google Play store.

Thanks for the info. I still have not received mine. Pretty annoyed with UPS.
Someone posted a googleplay.apk earlier in this forum as well.

frieslander

May 18, 2011
I bought the tablet from Tiger direct about 3 weeks ago to use as an E-Reader. I do have the 10" Acer A500 also. I have installed the Market App and have downloaded several apps. I had a wierd problem yesterday where the Home buttons would not work. I reset the unit back to the factory reset and everything works again. I have a couple of apps that seem to dissapear now and then but I have no problem getting them back on the tablet. The one is the Aldiko Reader app and the other one is the neat Yhatze app. One concern I have and I emailed Tiger Direct about it today is that the Warranty Card states a 120 day Warranty while the Tiger Direct ad states a 12 month warranty.

For a case that will fit well get a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7" leather case from skindigital on Ebay for around $16. The unit will fit in there like a glove. The opening for the On/Off switch needs to be trimmed. The speaker and camera holes are in the wrong place but that does not concern me. Also the charge light is covered but again that does not bother me as it is a handsome case.

Xwayde

Jun 28, 2012
I have the Aluratek Cinepad 10" Android Tablet...

The unit is nice, and more then does the job as a Internet Tablet.

HOWEVER..... and this is a BIG HOWEVER....

Aluratek's support for the device is non-existent, and the unit has serious firmware issue regarding SD storage. The device is known to stop recognizing internal and external SD storage. Resetting the device, or even completing a factory reset will not resolve the issues.

I have attempted to contact Aluratek to get this resolved; and the responses given were rather disturbing. While they flat out conceded there is a known issue with the shipped firmware, they are very tight lipped on when an update will be released to the public. More concerning, the technical representatives at Aluratek were more interested in suggesting I return the device for a refund, then attempting to retain market confidence in their product and support.

This was my first purchase of an Aluratek product, and likely the last, based purely on personal experience with the company.

Its really a shame, as the unit seemed very promising out of the box, especially at its price point.

Aluratek needs to wake up, and support this unit, or face losing major credibility in a trend driven market.

Sher0808

Oct 2, 2012
I ordered from Dell and really welcome my problem of getting any apps to download from GetJar, Amazon. I haven't got a clue how to get Google Play. I have read both positive and negative reviews at both their sites. My price was right ......on sale for $100. But I do want a couple of apps downloaded and have no luck.

mcrane

Nov 21, 2012
I received the Aluratek Cinepad AT110F about a month ago. No problems so far. I have been successful using Google Play, Amazon App Store, GetJar as well as a few other sites. The speed is good. I made sure I used a 32gig high performance SD card. I purchased a leather case with built in keyboard that works great. The Aluratek website however is useless and there is no manual. I am keepig my fingers crossed that Aluratek steps up there game.