Always getting "Booting recovery Kernel image" on Gtablet

lvilleflyer

Jan 27, 2011
The rundown....
I started off with the "android.process.acore" force close situation.
Tried to start from scratch.
Followed directions to upgrade to 1.2
including partitioning SD card etc.
....my device did not upgrade.
In addition, I cannot access the CWM. It keeps coming up with the "Booting recovery Kernel image"
I then look into reinstalling the CWM.
Nothing installs and continue to get the "...Kernel" message and reboot.
I tried installing and running the NVFlash, but nothing seems to happen to the tablet.
I ultimately want to start from scratch and get the latest updates with probably Honeycomb Illuminate(or other recommended ROM), but can't seem to get anything to install on the tablet.
I imagine there are folders I can delete from the tablet, but not sure where to start.

Any/all help is MUCH appreciated as I have spent the last 4 hours trying different methods and have not gotten anywhere.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
try this:

1. Connect the tablet via USB
2. Put the Tablet into APX mode by pressing and holding the Vol- Key and Power button. You should see the bird screen then the display will turn black
3. Since you said you have done NVFlash, try doing this, open a Command prompt, navigate to the directory where you have the nvflash.bat file
4. Enter nvflash --bl bootloader.bin --download 9 part9.img
5. Press enter
6. Power cycle your tablet when you finish this.

lvilleflyer

Jan 27, 2011
First off, thanks for replying so quickly yesterday. I would've never thought it would be that fast. And thanks for all the tips I have used from Many of your posts.
Sooo.....

I tried running NVFlash again so that I could let you know the error I get:
"Nvflash started"
"nvflash configuration file error: file not found"

Then when I run what you had told me:
....."is not recognized as internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

When i put my cursor over the nvflash_gtablet file, it says its a batch file.

Thanks again

myzoo

Apr 6, 2011
Any luck? I know that Peter is unavailable for a while. I am a noob so I hope this may help. I went to viewsinic for dummies and redownloaded all for 3588. and that helped me. I know you said 1.2 but I had many problems with that also. Please keep us informed
Jaye