Always starts like Day 1 - installed apps are gone.

Ray50

Apr 24, 2011
I believe my friend has a Flytouch II. I installed a few apps I put on his micro SD card but when he turns off the tablet, it restarts just like day one with the calibrate screen and only factory install apps. The ones I put on the SD card need to be reinstalled after each boot??? No errors and the factory apps all seem to work OK. (It does take a while to boot)

Any ideas?

Some Infro:
Model - DISC010
Android - 2.2
Kernal 2.6.32.9
Build - FRF85B

Ray50

Apr 24, 2011
Maybe the best thing to try is installing the original firmware again but I only see links to custom roms here. Is Flytouch II the original firmware available?

Sally27

Mar 21, 2012
I have a Flytouch III and have the same problem. Have tried new and custom roms, which all seem to go in perfectly, but everything is back to square one when turned on again. Someone suggested it was reverting back to Factory reset on each boot, but didn't know what to do about it. I can install many many things pictures as well, but all goes on turn off. Goodluck with your search.

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
I believe my friend has a Flytouch II. I installed a few apps I put on his micro SD card but when he turns off the tablet, it restarts just like day one with the calibrate screen and only factory install apps. The ones I put on the SD card need to be reinstalled after each boot??? No errors and the factory apps all seem to work OK. (It does take a while to boot)

Any ideas?

Some Infro:
Model - DISC010
Android - 2.2
Kernal 2.6.32.9
Build - FRF85B

It will always 'take a while' when it goes thru its 'initialization'/setup routines... as suggested by the calibration.
REMOVE the SD card for awhile... see if it constantly recalibrates then...
Has this SD card been used to install firmware?

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
I have had this situation happen recently with my 'newest' pad...

What I ended up doing was bringing it up and then do the privacy/reset routine.
(IF necessary, then a 'factory reset' too...)

IN MY CASE, something in there was keeping it from updating things...

Try that, hopefully it will help! :D

Sally27

Mar 21, 2012
My friend took mine apart and found the internal SD card corrupt. He copied what was left on the card and transferred it to a new card and put it back together. Now with TOLGA MOD firmware installed, the tabet is working fine. So, since buying it, and having no joy in trying to return it,I have had to buy a new charging lead and a new internal SD card, which luckily a friend managed to sort for me. I would say don't waste your money - it is cheap (even more so when you look inside) and slow. Pay a bit more and get something worth having. This tablet would be brilliant if it did everything it is meant to, but it is just far too slow. It needs a much better battery and whatever to make it faster, then it woul be good.