Am I the only one who hasn't received 3.1?

zenderbee

Jul 9, 2011
I have checked for system updates, but the message is that I'm all up to date. Are others also waiting for 3.1?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
It's being done by serial number and you probably have pretty new tablets so you'll be at the end of the list. From what I've been reading about problems after the update, maybe you folks are the lucky ones.

shotokan

Jul 4, 2011
finally, ive got my 3.1 update last thursday (july 7). i went to check update and bang... it's there waiting to be downloaded. after updating... it required me to do the product registration online.... now i'm happy.... so guys... those who haven't receive yet... it will come soon, maybe they're doing by serial numbers... gud luck.

Batchman

May 14, 2011
In Germany, the update has been delayed until the 13th at the earliest. I hope they fix the bugs before they release it.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

roadsoup

Jul 9, 2011
No, I have not received it. I keep checking and checking. I only bought my tab 3 weeks ago, so if it's by serial number, then I guess I might have to wait awhile.

Wall

Jul 8, 2011
I bought my tablet about 3 weeks ago also and I've already gotten the update.

stangmaster98

Mar 5, 2011
I just got my A500 last week and have not recived the update... But from what Im reading Acer has delayed the OTA update and soon everyone will recive 3.1.1

So I guess its better to just wait .. Leave your tab on auto update. :)

hunted

Jul 4, 2011
well wife nor i have gotten it yet. no rush with it on our part things work well on our part. but can't wait would like the usb features since i am big on using a trckball and would love to use mine on this since a lot of times it helps with work stuff especially when i have to remote into my dell laptop at home! ;-}

zenderbee

Jul 9, 2011
Thanks for all of the replies. Now I know that it's not just me. My tab is working okay, I'm just a person who hates to be left out :). Sounds like maybe I will get the benefit of more tweaks before my upgrade arrives.

FYI I bought my tab the minute the 32G model appeared at my local Costco. It was in early June and that tab had a manufacture date of June 2011 (!).

- bee

PeteDee

May 21, 2011
Thanks for all of the replies. Now I know that it's not just me. My tab is working okay, I'm just a person who hates to be left out :). Sounds like maybe I will get the benefit of more tweaks before my upgrade arrives.

FYI I bought my tab the minute the 32G model appeared at my local Costco. It was in early June and that tab had a manufacture date of June 2011 (!).

- bee

I bought my 32Gb A500 on 9th May, update went through fine.

The earlier 3.01 update fixed a couple of little issues with mine but the 3.1 update is just icing on the cake.

Pete