Am I the only one who hasn't received 3.1?

Cyrus74

Jul 20, 2011
Yes dey do, but what shoud i do with it. Can i update my Tab with it?

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Cyrus74

Jul 20, 2011
I just want to update mine, why they didn't release update for all and not like this, is it becouse my build number: Acer_A500_1.105.01_EMEA_GEN3,
or my serial, or the fact I live in Croatia?
Does anyone know?
I even try to contact the Acer, but they don't reply to emails.

androidnewb

Jun 22, 2011
I see a WIFI patch on their site, if you want to try and run that one first to resolve any problems that "may" occur when you do eventually receive the update for your unit. That's the only thing I can see on their site, but like everyone else the patch will come to your unit when it comes, and installing that patch will be less information to download OTA.

Fuerte

Jun 27, 2011
i got tired of waiting and flashed manually to Acer_A500_4.010.38_COM_GEN1, so latest 3.1

mikem

Jul 21, 2011
Bought an Acer yesterday, when I turned it on the first thing it did was update to 3.1

Cyrus74

Jul 20, 2011
How did you doit, where did you find update,is it official. What is the procedure?

Cyrus74

Jul 20, 2011
Update manualy.Now 3.1, so far so god, i'm impressed with speed.

powerhouselb

Jun 20, 2011
Okay, here's my ordeal:
I have an A500 with build number 1.104.02_COM_GEN1

I've been prompted over and over again to download and install 1.141.XX (can't remember the last part). Over and over again I'd download the update and attempt to install it. It would reboot my A500, unpack about 25% of it, then fail, canceling the update.
Now, I'm prompted to install update 4.010.11. It downloads fine, but when I attempt to install it, It tells me that the update is invalid and the update is cancelled. Not sure what else to do here. Acer really isn't any help. They have told me to go into Applications -> All, and clear the System Update Data.
If that doesn't work, does ANYBODY have any ideas that would help. I really don't want to sell the tablet on eBay and spring for another tablet.

powerhouselb

Jun 20, 2011
"Power off and on the tablet.
Select Apps->Settings->Applications->Manage Applications-> All->Select systemupdater.
In the systemupdater window, click Clear data
In the Delete dialog box, click OK.
Try the download again."

Yep, that's what I did. With that process, it fails during the actual update process.
Well, are there any other folks out there with ideas to make this work? I'm about ready to try my best to return this disappointment to Best Buy and try to go for the Asus Transformer or break down and get the new Toshiba tablet. Just... so... FRUSTRATED. :-(
You'd think that the techs at Acer would have a fix of some kind. I seems like they're just trying any random thing that pops into their head. Maybe I'm being too hard on them.

Last edited:

munchie

Jul 23, 2011
Maybe you have already figured this out... I just today got the update notice finally. Went to download. No problems.. went to install.. started to unzip after about a minute.... got error message about invalid update tried again. Same thing... so I just did a system reset. All I had were some ebooks and a few free apps from the market so I wasn't really losing anything too important. Anyway after I did that went to manually check for system update found it downloaded and installed with no issues at all... if you are stuck give it a shot... hope it helps you or someone out there.. now back to the market I go to redownload some apps and find some new ones.... cheers :)