Am I the only one who hasn't received 3.1?

koorpen

Jun 12, 2011
Still no update on my A500 here in Norway. :(
Noticed the same on my tablet here in Sweden. Not much for that support-promise re update release this Tuesday.
I don´t understand how they can give these promises and then just nada happens. Morons!!!

jammwill83

Jul 16, 2011
I havent received the updated I am in the US. This is the first and last Acer product I will buy. the Asus (a cheaper tablet) has received not only the latest updates but more updates on time than Acer. Acer does a poor job of keeping their customers informed and their technical support is terrible. I have never experienced service so bad.

msteve

Jul 15, 2011
Check you have installed the 3.01 update...maybe Acer thinks your dollar is now not worth enough to care...

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

wiro67

Jul 24, 2011
I received IT 2 days.ago installed without a hitch
tablet only lost root but had.that back in two minutes
I live in the netherlands.

ohmjohn

Jul 23, 2011
I'm jalous. I live there to and still no update.
Do jou have a GEN3?

wiro67

Jul 24, 2011
i have the 32 gb version
the update shows
android versie 3.1
kernel versie : 2.6.36.3
build number : acer A500_4.010.42_COM_GEN1

should be available in netherlands cos i have it :)

ohmjohn

Jul 23, 2011
Just received the 3.1 update. Had IT rooted. Update went perfect. No wifi issues. Living in the Netherlands.

powerhouselb

Jun 20, 2011
Well, I tried with Best Buy. My only option was to leave the A500 with Geek Squad (don't really trust them) for three weeks and find out what happens from there. So, I opted to send in my tablet to ACER for two weeks while they manually install the update. I expect to get the tablet back in a few more days with the latest update with no guarantee that the next update will install.
I am very tempted to put that bad boy up on EBay and get the Toshiba Thrive. We'll see what happens.

jer_bec

Sep 4, 2011
I go to settings, about tablet, system update, click check now, I get "network coverage is currently poor. Please move to a location with better coverage to continue" I have full signal strength on wifi, on a known good network. Any ideas what is going on here?

Did anyone ever get this resolved? I have been googling forever