Am I the only one?!

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
Am I the only one that has a perfect SuperPAD that had nothing wrong with it? I got it slightly used and it was perfect. I even flashed it without problem.

SmaRkieS

Apr 15, 2011
Is your GPS working perfectly? Google Map Locator? Can you post some screen shot's coz my GPS is not working and stock on Hong Kong map.

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
I Will edit this post a bit later with some screens. But yeah everything is working perfectly.

woodeman

Mar 16, 2011
I Will edit this post a bit later with some screens. But yeah everything is working perfectly.

I hope this doesn't jinx me, but mine also worked fine right out of the box. I bought mine on E-bay from a vendor in NJ. He advertised that the machines were ready to go. I guess he was right. So far, with the fine guidance from this website, I have upgraded to 3245, v4 and finally v5 of the 2.2 OS.

UPDATE: Just upgraded again to 3925 from the XDA site. It seems to be pretty good so far. V5 was giving me random lockups in Angry Birds and Miren Browser and at other times but this version so far has been smooth. I did the SD card upgrade and it worked perfectly. The "Birds" run very well and seems faster. GPS and camera are working.

Last edited:

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
How is that working for you? Like what is different? And what is better?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk! Eat that Apple!

Appychappy

Jan 24, 2011
I hope this doesn't jinx me, but mine also worked fine right out of the box. I bought mine on E-bay from a vendor in NJ. He advertised that the machines were ready to go. I guess he was right. So far, with the fine guidance from this website, I have upgraded to 3245, v4 and finally v5 of the 2.2 OS.

2.2? on a 256g wowpad? How?

Campaman

Jan 19, 2011
I have two of these pads and both of them went wrong when I first got them, one of them I have had to re-solder up the power plug, the other one got stuck at the green boot screen within two weeks of getting it. However I flashed both of them up to 1480 and then one up to 1568 and since then they have been fine. GPS & camera works on them both, one has a much more responsive screen than the other but apart from that they are both fine.

SmaRkieS

Apr 15, 2011
2.2? on a 256g wowpad? How?

Im running 2.2 Froyo with Flash 10 from XDA guide, using USB Flashing.

imm_2011_05_09_19_01_47_609.jpg

2011-5-9-19-35-22.jpg

2011-5-9-19-24-9.jpg
\

And my GPS is working after updating to 2.2 Froyo.

joegerardi

Feb 9, 2011
Is your GPS working perfectly? Google Map Locator? Can you post some screen shot's coz my GPS is not working and stock on Hong Kong map.

I know why this is: in most cases, the GPS antenna connector is not physically connected to the GPS module on the motherboard. I'm a pilot and I got mine primarily to use as a moving-map GPS backup (aircraft-certified GPS' aren't allowed to have FAA charts as moving-map backgrounds) to use NavZilla, and mine has never worked. I finally opened it up and found that the antenna connector isn't connected to anything inside the tablet.

So far, I've been unable to find out what needs soldering to where. If I could, I'd just connect 2 wires between the antenna and the module and have GPS connectivity.

..Joe

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
Anyone that has a working GPS, would you be willing to open the tablet and post images of the antennae? If no one does, I will try.

Sent from my SuperPAD using Android Tablet Forum

joegerardi

Feb 9, 2011
And if someone does, I will be happy to post a pictorial tut showing how to do it. I know it's only 2 wires from the antenna connector on the top edge of the unit to somewhere on the motherboard, I just can't tell from where to where.

Close-up photos will be important here, as soldering it to the wrong place could easily toast the momboard.

..Joe

Last edited:

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
Thanks for the upload. I think that we need to get a video or something. We REALLY need to get this issue fixed

SmaRkieS

Apr 15, 2011
I know why this is: in most cases, the GPS antenna connector is not physically connected to the GPS module on the motherboard. I'm a pilot and I got mine primarily to use as a moving-map GPS backup (aircraft-certified GPS' aren't allowed to have FAA charts as moving-map backgrounds) to use NavZilla, and mine has never worked. I finally opened it up and found that the antenna connector isn't connected to anything inside the tablet.

So far, I've been unable to find out what needs soldering to where. If I could, I'd just connect 2 wires between the antenna and the module and have GPS connectivity.

..Joe

My GPS is working now after updating to v2.2 Froyo.

Anyone that has a working GPS, would you be willing to open the tablet and post images of the antennae? If no one does, I will try.

Sent from my SuperPAD using Android Tablet Forum

It is on the sticky thread, did you forgot?

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/gome-flytouch-ii/14255-inside-my-superpad.html

And if someone does, I will be happy to post a pictorial tut showing how to do it. I know it's only 2 wires from the antenna connector on the top edge of the unit to somewhere on the motherboard, I just can't tell from where to where.

Close-up photos will be important here, as soldering it to the wrong place could easily toast the momboard.

..Joe

That is Superpad 2/Flytouch 3 Motherboard.

--------------------

If any one opened their flytouch2/superpad, and see a broken wire then post it here maybe I can help.