Am I the only One?

Nimble1

Sep 25, 2011
I liked the VTab before the HC upgrade but did not like the inability to save to the SD card without rooting. After the upgrade..well....I LOVE IT!!
I use the Go Launcher and the stock browser. I am able to get my CenturyLink email, my Yahoo mail, my GMail any where I can get Wifi. I recently traveled for a week with it and it did everything my old laptop did and was a lot easier to carry. I do look at YouTube occasionally but I am not enough of a connoisseur to tell anything is wrong with it...LOL. I do not use Netflix, HBO, or MLB so no problems there. The only program I have tried that does not work is the Speed Channel app but it didn't work with GB either.
I guess I am one of the few that is very satisfied with their VTab and I paid $230 for it months ago at Sam's Club.

jhig1961

Nov 27, 2011
I agree, it does everything I need it to do. I do use netflix when out of town and it works great. I use youtube app and it works fine. After the upgrade the speed is much better and being able to move apps to sd card is a major improvement. I've had mine sense November and feel it is as good as as the much more expensive tabs. It's not a laptop and I don't expect it to perform like one.

jflora

Nov 14, 2011
I've had mine since November 2011. I paid $199 at SAMS for it. I like it for the most part. It seems like HC made some things slower. Also the Facebook app doesn't display the timeline correctly (not at all really). I see the profile pic and a bunch of posts below it, but no way to see my friends photo albums or personal info. I have a Droid X2 phone running the same version of the FB app and it works just fine, but it is running GB.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
I love my vtab, I got mine on sale for 160 and its the best tablet for that price.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Tapatalk 2

xkchief

Dec 8, 2011
LOVE the HoneyComb update....Everything I have works great and the Battery seems to last LONGER.....Thanks VIZIO for your support....looking forward to ICS by Election Day.

Kemper

Mar 15, 2012
Well, it is not that simple. It is faster, BUT my unit crashes on the start at least twice. It can not load the SD apps at start. I note that if you leave it charging at night, and do not shut it down, then it never unloads the sd apps. I still am having crash issues, even with Gmail. But having said that, for the money this is one hell of a tablet. Where are you going to get, remote ir, blue tooth, sd card slot, hmdi slot, GPS, three speaker for under $500? Nowhere. Woot had em for $159 including case and hmdi cable. My second one is on the way. I do have the white spot issue someone else mentioned, I suspect if you tap the same place over and over it gets memory.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
Well, it is not that simple. It is faster, BUT my unit crashes on the start at least twice. It can not load the SD apps at start. I note that if you leave it charging at night, and do not shut it down, then it never unloads the sd apps. I still am having crash issues, even with Gmail. But having said that, for the money this is one hell of a tablet. Where are you going to get, remote ir, blue tooth, sd card slot, hmdi slot, GPS, three speaker for under $500? Nowhere. Woot had em for $159 including case and hmdi cable. My second one is on the way. I do have the white spot issue someone else mentioned, I suspect if you tap the same place over and over it gets memory.

Whats the white spot issue you are talking about?

gjhuff

Oct 30, 2011
I am generally pretty happy with the HC update as well. My biggest issues after root was taken away were using ad hoc wifi, moving apps to SD card and bluetooth keyboard use. HC has fixed all of those. There has been some loss of screen space and smaller fonts are harder to read, but overall the HC update is quite positive.

I bought my wife an IPAD2 for Christmas and I envy the speed and seamless operation. But for the money, the VTAB is a great value.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
It's nice to see a thread like this from time to time. It's a refreshing change from thread after thread of unlockable, bricked, etc. tablets.:cool:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I agree. The world should hear from those of us who are happy occasionally.

Absolutely, the happy folks pay the same membership fees here at ATF as the unhappy ones. Get your money's worth!:eek: