Amazon Android App Store

kerry_s

Mar 17, 2011
I'm digging it, another source of apps never hurts.
So now I got appslib, slideme & amazon, hahaa, who needs market? Lol
My main use is web browsing so its all iceing on the cake for me.

hdectablet

Jan 17, 2011
I really like it, browses fast, well organized and angry birds rio plays awesome on the coby kyros. The best of the series.

Sent from my Android Kyros Tablet

favosys

Mar 23, 2011
If you're not in the U.S. don't even bother. Amazon apps are for U.S. customers only.:mad:

Actually I'm outside the US and both the appstore and Angry Birds Rio worked great for me. In the first Angry birds a lot of graphics don't appear correctly so I can play the game but the menus and level selection are white boxes so for example i can't know what level I was on. This angry birds I can see all the menu graphics so it's actually great for me.

Also I can't buy apps on the Android Marketplace because my country doesn't have Google checkout but I was able to buy an app (the Uno game, wife loves it) from Amazon so that's awesome.

panhard

Oct 20, 2010
Amazon's market now negates the need to go in search of the android market, downloaded it on two different tablets and it works great

jrsharp21

Jan 31, 2011
It looks like the Amazon app store has pretty much the same thing as the Google app store. It also looks like the Amazon app store takes up much less system resources. Is it okay to un-install the Google apps market and roll with strictly Amazon?

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
It looks like the Amazon app store has pretty much the same thing as the Google app store. It also looks like the Amazon app store takes up much less system resources. Is it okay to un-install the Google apps market and roll with strictly Amazon?

I wouldn't do that deleting core google apps is never good. And the Amazon app store doesn't have everything that the market place has yet

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App