Amazon App Store

ImagineThat

Dec 2, 2010
The Amazon Android App Store was released today. It works very similair to the Google Marketplace but links up with your amazon account for purchases. For today only Angry Birds Rio is free!

You can go here to sign up, they'll send you an email to download the amazon apk to your phone. I am downloading an app from the store right now, so it appears to work on the SYNET7LP just fine...without any google/market hacking! I'll update if the app doesn't download/install succesfully.

Amazon.com Message

Update1: Angry Birds Rio is rockin 'n rollin on my tablet. The direct link for the amazon apk is http://amzn.to/getamazonappstore

Last edited:

cliffordtrue

Nov 27, 2010
The Amazon Android App Store was released today. It works very similair to the Google Marketplace but links up with your amazon account for purchases. For today only Angry Birds Rio is free!

You can go here to sign up, they'll send you an email to download the amazon apk to your phone. I am downloading an app from the store right now, so it appears to work on the SYNET7LP just fine...without any google/market hacking! I'll update if the app doesn't download/install succesfully.

Amazon.com Message

Update1: Angry Birds Rio is rockin 'n rollin on my tablet. The direct link for the amazon apk is http://amzn.to/getamazonappstore

Good news for those without Market. I just downloaded the Amazon Appstore on my Android phone and it seems good. I also downloaded the free Angry birds on my phone and will download it on my tablet in a little while.

Update: Angry Birds Rio works on my Sylvania, but it will play a level then exit the program. Hopefully there will be an update to fix it.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2011
Awesome! Nice to have a good, clean alternative with a trustworthy service. The fewer places I have to have my payment information stored, the better.

Angry Birds Rio seems to work just fine with my WIFI off, but it seems that's not a universal. I'm up to level 10 of part 1, and it hasn't crashed yet, but I could just be lucky.

Also, I recommend "Memory Manager Lite" for those having slowdown issues with their tablets. I downloaded it (for free) from the Amazon store and it seems to have improved the performance of my Express Tablet noticeably.

JPardee

Mar 26, 2011
Great app to have.
I compared it to my friends Google / Android Market, and it has just about everything as that.
Much better than the SAM app.