Amazon Appstore Update - New UI and International Users Now Welcome

Garemlin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2010
amazon-app-store-logo.jpg

There were some major changes today to the Amazon Appstore App. Starting this morning, Amazon has enabled international users to take part in the Appstore for Android. They have also given the entire app a new user interface.

Another key addition in the update is ability to finally remove apps from the “My Apps” list by long pressing them.

Amazon Appstore

Last edited:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Thanks for that. I particularly like the ability to remove apps from the list of hanger oners.

jjmcgaffey

May 13, 2012
Unfortunately, it looks like the new update also blocks you from using it (at all) on a rooted phone. It stopped working for me - everything worked up until I had the "Do you want to install this app?" screen - then the Install button was completely non-functional. I've tried uninstalling - the reinstall gives me the same screen, so now I have no App Store at all. I wrote to Amazon, and after a bit of back and forth I was informed that the App Store no longer works on rooted devices. So now I'm buying from Google Play all the apps I got from Amazon that I actually use (not many), and (grumpily) doing without a FAOTD.

BTW, it was always possible to remove an app from your list via the website - go to Amazon, Your Account, Your Android Apps & Devices, choose Delete from Actions. It would have been nice to be able to delete them from the app itself, though.

Natey2

May 25, 2012
I'm quite sure I have the latest version running fine on my rooted tablet.
The older versions of the app might still be available on some sites.
Always a good idea to keep some older versions when we upgrade an app.
Sourceforge.net developers/projects (PC software) and respectable Android developers always make older versions available for download.

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
Thanks for the news - the best part is International users being welcome to it. About time, Google Play had access to many others all along.

Cheers! :)

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
Alas - we in Canada can't get even the free daily paid Apk. :(

Germany, UK, other places, but not in Canada yet. Argh. :(

Natey2

May 25, 2012
Alas - we in Canada can't get even the free daily paid Apk. :(

Germany, UK, other places, but not in Canada yet. Argh. :(

What if you get a amazon.com account (instead of an amazon.ca account), and connect through a US-based proxy server?