amazon appstore..

rdd62

Oct 14, 2011
Hi guys,

Great site! I'm new to the tablet world since getting my daughter a g tablet. Its got os ver 2.2 (froyo?) loaded and I would like to load amazon appstore on tablet. I followed the instructions; got the email from amazon and installed it on the gtab. Thought I was doing ok..but when I try to download any of the apps it will fail during the download process..I get a message saying: There was an error purchasing (name of game). Please to add an address to your account (this will open your browser) and try again. This message makes no sense to me. I'm a registered amazon user and have been for years...please help!

Thanks,
Bob

biking4jesus

Aug 27, 2011
I had a similar problem with a Polaroid tablet. The files couldn't be downloaded because the permissions on the folder on SD Card were read only. This was a problem with the tablet that would come and go. Usually the premissions were -drw. Look at the folders in some file manager and see if they are -dr or -drw. (Don't ask me how to get a file manager on your tablet without an app store?!?!)

You may also have an Amazon problem. Try 'purchasing' an app from you desktop (browser). I suggest using a free app, since that eliminates payment probmem. You should see your device on the appstore screen, and you can click "Buy with 1-click" to get the app. Now open the AppStore app on your tablet and go to "My Apps". You should see the app ready to install. Click "Install" and see what happens.