Amazon.com Launches Android App Store, Angry Birds Rio Free for Limited Time

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
fXBGe.png

Amazon has just launched their Android app store. The app store seems to have been populated with a large number of apps already. In particular, Angry Birds Rio is free for a limited time exclusively. That alone might be good reason for some of you to check it out. An Amazon.com account is required, along with a verified method of payment. If that wasn't enough incentive, the app itself also claims to offer a paid app for free everyday.

At first glance, this seems to be a viable alternative to the Android market. This maybe even more significant for minor Android device manufacturers, which usually do not have Google mobile applications including the Google Market bundled.

ijzU1.png

Amazon app store APK download: amzn.to/getappstore
img.php

Source
Engadget

valkrider

Nov 5, 2010
B................ Amazon US only, typical. Allow you to connect download appstore and then when you try and get something from the store tells you the appstore cannot sell you anything in your location. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
Works on the G-Tablet. Going to try it on my wife's nook in a few minutes.

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
B................ Amazon US only, typical. Allow you to connect download appstore and then when you try and get something from the store tells you the appstore cannot sell you anything in your location. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Huh? I'm located in the DRC and it works fine for me...

valkrider

Nov 5, 2010
Thanks I tried it but I get the same message 'The app store is not available in your region'

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
Thanks I tried it but I get the same message 'The app store is not available in your region'

LAME!

What if you disconnect your Wifi, reboot and don't connect to your wifi and try to install? I'm just shooting in the dark now.