Amazon Free App of the Day

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
It does look like a good kids game and the reviews seem pretty good too.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Game Dev Story is the 12/13 app.

Manage your own game company and try to create a million-selling game in this unique simulation.

Features the ability to develop your company's own game console, plus a system for changing your staff members' professions. Your staff members can have a variety of game-related professions, from programmer to sound engineer.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
The Smurfs 2 Movie Storybook is the 12/14 app.

Oh no... Smurfette has been captured by the evil wizard Gargamel! Find out what happens to her in iStoryTime’s The Smurfs 2 Movie Storybook on your Android device.

The evil wizard Gargamel creates a couple of mischievous Smurf-like creatures called the Naughties that he hopes will let him harness the all-powerful, magical Smurf-essence. But when he discovers that only a real Smurf can give him what he wants, and only a secret spell that Smurfette knows can turn the Naughties into real Smurfs, Gargamel captures Smurfette and brings her to Paris, where he has been winning the adoration of millions as the world’s greatest sorcerer. It’s up to Papa, Clumsy, Grouchy, and Vanity to return to rescue her!

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I tried a couple of free ones and it wasn't for me either. I think the problem was my listening speed and the reading speed didn't sync up properly and I lost interest after a few minutes.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Office Story is the 12/15 app.

Try to turn a small garage start-up into a large company. Take strategic decisions, buy tables and table plants, hire and train people. Fulfill their wishes! Create mobile applications!

From the very beginning of the game you dive into the world of mobile development, where during the game you will get access to the analogues of modern mobile platforms. As in life, the market state is dynamic and constantly changing. New platforms come and old ones go. They just can't withstand the competition.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
How often do you suppose Amazon offers us a good FAOTD, maybe 10% of the time? Well this aint one of those times. Contains adware.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Dropchord is the 12/16 app.

Dropchord is a music-driven, score challenge game with mesmerizing visuals and an original electronic soundtrack! Influenced by music visualizers and score attack arcade games, Dropchord is an original experience that'll test your dexterity while providing endless fun! Do your fingers and ears a favor-- get Dropchord today!!

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Dropchord is the 12/16 app.

Dropchord is a music-driven, score challenge game with mesmerizing visuals and an original electronic soundtrack! Influenced by music visualizers and score attack arcade games, Dropchord is an original experience that'll test your dexterity while providing endless fun! Do your fingers and ears a favor-- get Dropchord today!!

Too bad they don't have an app that can zap spammers before they get a chance to post.

Anyhoo, I watched the video for this and still have no clue what it is. Looks like everything is purposely out of focus, which is irritating. It got a lot of decent reviews though. Some said it stalled or paused often while others said they were charged for it, even though it was the FAOTD. Let the buyer beware. :)

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Too bad they don't have an app that can zap spammers before they get a chance to post.

Yeah, but then I'd be unemployed just before Christmas. You'd get lonesome here without me.:p (Still can't believe Packers +1)

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Very surprising. Why Romo would be passing, instead of running, like he as told to do, is anybody's guess. But we are glad he did!