Amazon Free App of the Day

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Photo Editor+ is the 12/17 app.

Photo Editor+ is an amazing fully featured photo editor! Photo Editor+ works across all devices and allows you to edit photos taken on any camera! This is the last photo editing app you will ever need!

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
This one gets decent ratings and no unnecessary permissions. Again, there seems to be a problem with it not working on Kindle Fire. I did download it and it is an okay photo editor.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Yikes, least you could do is find me a good beer drinking app. Since I can't drink real beer for a few more weeks, virtual is all that is left...

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Pocket Informant 3 is the 12/18 app.

Pocket Informant 3 is not simply the next version of our productivity app. It has totally redesigned user interface, new database and sync code, which makes it much faster and more reliable. To achieve this we had to rewrite around 90% of the app and while there are many new features in version 3, some of the old version 2 features are still not included.

You do not have to remove Pocket Informant 2 from your device to install this version.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Decent reviews, functional app, but check out the permissions;
Permissions: (Help me understand what permissions mean)
  • Request authtokens from the AccountManager
  • Write to external storage
  • Read the low-level system log files
  • Access information about Wi-Fi networks
  • Access the list of accounts in the Accounts Service
  • Read the user's contacts data
  • Write (but not read) the user's contacts data
  • Act as an AccountAuthenticator for the AccountManager
  • com.google.android.providers.gsf.permission.READ_GSERVICES
  • Write (but not read) the user's calendar data
  • Read the user's calendar data
  • Get notified that the operating system has finished booting
  • Open network sockets
  • Read the sync settings
  • Access the vibration feature
  • Record audio
  • Access information about networks
  • PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming
Minimum Operating System: Android 2.3 Approximate Download Time: Less than 1 minute

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Allrecipes Dinner Spinner Pro is the 12/19 app.

Get everything you want in a recipe app—plus, a few extras you’ll love! With Dinner Spinner PRO, not only can you access top-rated recipes and tools like the free version of the app, you can also access your Allrecipes account, so you can find and save recipes in your Recipe Box and use shopping lists on the go. You also get a full, easy view of recipes so you can follow along in the kitchen on your mobile device, a tool for scaling recipes up or down, and an ad-free experience.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
If you really need another recipe book, this one got good reviews. You apparently need to be online to use it. Personally, even if my wife did let me cook, I would not go anywhere near it with these permissions.
Application Permissions: (Help me understand what permissions mean)
  • Required to be able to access the camera device
  • Get information about the currently or recently running tasks: a thumbnail representation of the tasks, what activities are running in it, etc
  • Open network sockets
  • Write to external storage
  • Access information about Wi-Fi networks
  • Access the vibration feature
  • Access information about networks
  • Access the flashlight
  • PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Buttons and Scissors (Pro) is the 12/20 app.

Cut off the sewing buttons in the logic game Buttons and Scissors! To cut off the buttons, select two or more buttons of the same color. You can select buttons only on the same horizontal, vertical or diagonal line. Cut off all the buttons from the scrap of denim to complete the level. Try to complete each level in the shortest time possible to get a better score.

You cannot cut off a single button, so plan your strategy in advance! Buttons and Scissors is a fun way to improve your logical thinking and train your brain.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
I actually downloaded this one. It got very good reviews and no real permissions. It is a fun logic game and has 2400 levels.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
PicsPlay Pro is the 12/21 app.

PicsPlay Pro, The Incredible Photo Editor!

Photos of your daily life and travelling can be depicted as the most memorable moment. PicsPlay Pro is easier and more convenient than any other editors. Touch and touch! With few taps your photo will be amazingly changed. You can be a professional photographer!

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Toca Cars is the 12/22 app.

Buckle up, friends! It’s time for Toca Cars! In Toca Cars you do what feels right. No rules apply to these roads. Cruise through big puddles of ice cream, fly off jumps into a lake or build a huge pile of houses, stop lights, and mailboxes and drive right through. Ready, set, GO!

The world of Toca Cars is made from 100% recycled cardboard, including the little dog that may chase you! Want to speed through the lake, bump a tree, and knock over the stop sign one more time? No problem! Simply push the restore button and do it again!

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Draw a Stickman: Epic is the 12/23 app.

Draw a stickman, then guide him through a fantastic world of adventure! Using an assortment of pencils, draw elements, tools, and weapons to solve puzzles and overcome obstacles.

Explore diverse environments and encounter unusual creatures as you draw your way through 13 levels (plus a hidden bonus level)! With the non-linear gameplay, how you overcome one environment will determine which level you unlock next. Each level is filled with hidden secrets and achievements, offering hours and hours of replay value.