Amazon Free App of the Day

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Draw a Stickman: Epic is the 12/23 app.

Draw a stickman, then guide him through a fantastic world of adventure! Using an assortment of pencils, draw elements, tools, and weapons to solve puzzles and overcome obstacles.

Explore diverse environments and encounter unusual creatures as you draw your way through 13 levels (plus a hidden bonus level)! With the non-linear gameplay, how you overcome one environment will determine which level you unlock next. Each level is filled with hidden secrets and achievements, offering hours and hours of replay value.

Not guite sure how to respond to this one. If you go to the app in Appstore, to the rught of PRODUCT DESCRIPTION is Key Details. Under that it says In App Purchases. It did get really good reviews.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Piano Master Christmas Special is the 12/24 app.

Piano Master is a music game, just follow the notes on the screen and you will be able to play many famous songs.

This is a special version of "Piano Master", dedicated to Christmas, that includes 28 of the most famous Traditional Christmas Carols.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
You already got a big present from Chicago Sunday night JB, but maybe you'll still get that Christmas yahtzee you've always wanted too. Don't forget to remind Santa.:rolleyes:

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
You already got a big present from Chicago Sunday night JB, but maybe you'll still get that Christmas yahtzee you've always wanted too. Don't forget to remind Santa.:rolleyes:

I already have a Yahtzee app. :) Da Bears certainly make it interesting.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Angry Birds Star Wars II is the 12/25 app.

The Force is strong with this one. Get ready for Angry Birds Star Wars II – the epic follow-up to the #1 smash hit game! Based on the Star Wars movie prequels, use the Force for good against the greedy Pork Federation or choose a much darker path. That’s right; for the first time ever you can “Join the Pork Side” and play as the fearsome Darth Maul, Emperor Palpatine and many other favorites!

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Angry Birds Star Wars II is the 12/25 app.

The Force is strong with this one. Get ready for Angry Birds Star Wars II – the epic follow-up to the #1 smash hit game! Based on the Star Wars movie prequels, use the Force for good against the greedy Pork Federation or choose a much darker path. That’s right; for the first time ever you can “Join the Pork Side” and play as the fearsome Darth Maul, Emperor Palpatine and many other favorites!

Actually they are offering $30 worth of apps for free today. If you choose the one above, note that it has a list of permissions as long as your arm, as well as IAPs. This does not seem to bother most people as it has 4 1/2 stars. I wanted to check out Sonic The Hedgehog 2, which is among the apps listed on the website, but nowhere to be found at the Appstore.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I wanted to check out Sonic The Hedgehog 2, which is among the apps listed on the website, but nowhere to be found at the Appstore.

The "bundle" of free apps isn't really a "bundle". You can download the apps here Amazon Appstore for Android Deals one at a time. It's the "Free App of the Day - Welcome Pack", just scroll through it and pick the ones you want.

If you're using the Amazon app, swipe the FAOTD to the left and you'll see the "Welcome Pack". Just tap it and get your freebies.

Todays "Welcome Pack" apps are: My Alarm Clock, Handrite Notes Notepad Pro, Stellarium Mobile Sky Map, Relax Melodies Premium: A White Noise Ambience For Sleep, Meditation & Yoga, SPC Music Sketchpad 2, PrinterShare Mobile Print, and Moon Phase Pro

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
And if you look on the Amazon website, using your laptop, you will see there are more apps there than are listed on you Appstore device. One of those is Sonic The Hedgehog 2. If you search the Appstore for that app, it isn't there. Looks like it was only released 2 days ago, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
If you search the Appstore for that app, it isn't there.

A couple of the apps didn't appear on my Nexus. When I checked the AppStore using my desktop they appeared, but it said they weren't compatible with that device. That might be what happened to you.:(

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Nope, when I checked it on the website, it said it was compatible with my tablet.

Natey2

May 25, 2012
Actually they are offering $30 worth of apps for free today.
FAOTD overload today. Lol!
And the $5 credit for downloading a free app was incredible too.
yqaqubaq.jpg

The catch is you must be using the latest version 7.5 of the Amazon Appstore app to get that credit.

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 on Amazon is modified for the Kindle.
The corresponding version on Google Play will work on more devices. Or so says one reviewer.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Where’s My Perry is the 12/26 app.

Where’s My Perry is a challenging physics-based puzzler where you need to use water in all its different forms - ice, steam and liquid - to solve the puzzle. Overflowing with intuitive controls, vibrant spy-themed graphics, and best of all, lasers, you will be immersed in the world of Agent P!

If you're using the Amazon app, swipe the FAOTD to the left and you'll see the "Free App of the Day Favorites". Just tap it and get your freebies.

Todays "Free App of the Day Favorites" apps are: Daily Ab Workout, The Lost City, Voxel Invaders, Chimpact, Osmos HD, Fraction Calculator Plus, Ultimate Hangman HD, From Cheese,and Business Calendar

Natey2

May 25, 2012
Just curious, why aren't you using the latest version 7.5 of the Amazon Appstore app?
I was on v5.0
I don't usually update my apps unless there is a fix/feature I really want in the new version, or I really want a $5 credit. Lol !

It is scary how this FAOTD has changed my normal perspective on things. Can you imagine what would happen if Walmart started giving away something for free everyday? Why do I do these things? Did I really want that $5 credit? The FAOTD is a good study of ourselves, and I thank Amazon for teaching me about myself through the FAOTD program.

For the record: I usually backup app (and data, for my rooted devices), before doing an app update, so that I can go back a version (or three) if necessary.

Sometimes companies sneak in things that make the app less desirable (from the end-user perspective) or slower, especially when paired with a monetary reward of, say, $5.
Any similarity to any other $5 reward is purely coincidental :^)

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4