Amazon Free App of the Day

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Distant Suns (max) - Unleash your inner astronaut! is the 1/2 app.

Distant Suns (max) astronomy app is an award-winning hand-held planetarium with over 25 years of development, offering you the new way to look at the sky from on the Earth to off. Sporting over 130,000 stars, all 8 (or is it 9?) planets, the sun and moon, constellations, galaxies, nebula and star clusters, Distant Suns offers a gracefully visual respite from a busy day. (Normally a $5.99 USD app.)

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Munch Time is the 1/3 app.

Meet Munch, a chameleon and his quest for lunch that the player must guide him through. Swing around using your super strong tongue to reach the most difficult places! Latch onto different flowers for different acrobatic effects!

Flowers have various colors and Munch will need to change color according to the flower he wants to latch onto. But there's a problem: Munch can't change color on his own and requires the help of special color flies that are flying around.

Throughout more than 80 levels, spread across four themes, you will encounter various flower types that react differently when Munch latches onto them, creating an exciting mash of puzzles and challenges, combined with quick reflex acrobatics and simple touch-based controls, for an intuitive experience.

Sainturhos

Jan 2, 2014
Spider: A Kindle owners list of FAOTD differs from your list. Amazon offered additional apps on occasion as well as doubles that are only offered on the kindle device, not even on their site. I have an up-to-date list if you are interested. I've been using your list to verify my own and update mine when away from the computer. Thanks, thought you may like to see my list. Email me if you're interested, and I'll send you a copy. Great job, I check your list weekly and have since the beginning of 2012.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Sainturhos, welcome to the forum. Glad you finally decided to officially join us here at Android Tablets.:eek: From the reader comments at Amazon, I've been aware of problems running some of the apps on Kindle tablets, but didn't know they sometimes offered additional or alternative apps. If you see a difference between what I post and what you see on your Kindle, let us know. Especially if there's still time for Kindle folks to download it free.:rolleyes: Glad you've found this thread useful, and I'll be in touch soon regarding your list.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Dominoes is the 1/4 app.

As they say, one thing leads to another, and nothing illustrates that more precisely than dominoes. Granted, this Dominoes game is steeped more in the tradition of grizzled old men sitting around working strategy against each other than it is in the wow factor of creating a maze and tipping the first block for visual splendor.

Nevertheless, Dominoes is a puzzle game with several game modes for variation and the ability to play against multiple computer opponents. Five Dominoes Games to Play: Block Game, Draw Game, Muggins Game, Threes and Fives and All Fives

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Contains adware and malware. Also it has slightly more 1 star ratings than 5 star ratings. Seems like developer still has some work to do on this one.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Flashcard Machine is the 1/5 app.

FEATURES:
- Multiple study methods: Classic flip and Quiz mode
- Create your own flashcards
- Sync your FlashcardMachine.com flashcards
- Upload flashcards you have created to your FlashcardMachine.com account
- Supports cards with images (created on FlashcardMachine.com)
- Separate flashcards into correct, wrong and flagged piles for future study sessions
- Portrait and landscape study views
- Shuffle cards during study session
- Term-Definition or Definition-Term display
- Access to the 200,000+ sets of shared flashcards on FlashcardMachine.com. A few of the 100+ available subjects include Spanish, French, Japanese, Latin, Medical, History, Science, Psychology, Chemistry, and Math.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Mind Games Pro is the 1/6 app.

This is the ad-free and unlimited version of the top Android brain training app. Mind Games is a great collection of games based in part on principles of cognitive psychology to help you practice different mental skills. The perfect game to help you fight the effects of aging on your brain, or try to improve brain functioning at any age. This app includes all 19 of Mindware’s brain exercising games. All games include your score history and graphs of your progress. The main app shows a summary of your best games and today’s scores on all games. Using some principles of standardized testing, your scores are also converted to a standardized scale, so that you can see where you need work and excel.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Mind Games Pro is the 1/6 app.

This is the ad-free and unlimited version of the top Android brain training app. Mind Games is a great collection of games based in part on principles of cognitive psychology to help you practice different mental skills. The perfect game to help you fight the effects of aging on your brain, or try to improve brain functioning at any age. This app includes all 19 of Mindware’s brain exercising games. All games include your score history and graphs of your progress. The main app shows a summary of your best games and today’s scores on all games. Using some principles of standardized testing, your scores are also converted to a standardized scale, so that you can see where you need work and excel.

This got good reviews and has few permissions, but some reviewers said it contains adware and malware.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Number Link Pro is the 1/7 app.

Also know as Arukone, playing this exciting puzzle is very simple: connect the pairs of numbers without leaving any empty square on the board. Sounds easy but it’s really puzzling, so don’t underestimate this brain teaser. Number Link is a real challenge!

With over 800 different levels, with board sizes ranging from 5x5 up to the mind blowing 16x16 ones, Number Link is a great game to help you sharpen logic and reasoning skills whether you’re a beginner or an experienced puzzler. Just pick some puzzles and let the time flow!