Amazon Free App of the Day

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Deep Sleep with Andrew Johnson is the 2/9 app.

The pace of life and change can be overwhelming. We all need to slow down sometimes, to relax, to unwind - yet after a hectic day at work, a terrible commute, or a nightmare shopping trip it may seem impossible.

The vast majority of people have never had any relaxation training and therefore find it difficult to switch off, be still and fall deeply asleep. Play this Deep Sleep program and get the rest that you deserve.

I hate this app, regardless of the good reviews and no permissions. How are you supposed to sleep with headphones on?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Microminers is the 2/10 app.

Microminers is an arcade-puzzler which revolves around the control of a vast horde of tiny miners. The screen is constantly scrolling downward, and it’s your job to collect all the available deposits of gold, silver, and coal that you see. Any missed resource represents a strike, and the level is considered failed if you miss three chances to collect. Further adding to the chaos is the fact that any miner left behind is lost indefinitely to the black nothingness beyond the screen.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
This is a Noodlecakes game, which I usually like but this one has In-App Purchases. At least they tell you that upfront.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Series Trivial is the 2/11 app.

Series Trivial is a funny quiz game where you can test your knowledge on tv series. Series Trivial is now 2.0 and you can play with 100 tv series, but is just the beginning! Every new release will add new series and a lot of new questions!

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Codeword Unlimited + is the 2/12 app.

Codeword Unlimited is an application to play the popular word game known as Codeword (also known as Cipher crosswords)

For those unfamiliar with Codeword puzzles, they provide a grid of words, similar to a normal crossword, but with no clues, rather a few initially provided letters, and a number in each square in the gird to indicate its (as yet unknown) letter. All boxes with the same number must use the same letter. From that information and the few initially provided letters it is possible to work out which words will fit in the boxes. Hence you are decoding (or decyphering) the numbers into letters to reveal the hidden words. Usually all 26 letters of the alphabet are used in the codeword, although not always (and unused letters appear crossed out in the keyboard).

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
This looked like a fun game, so I downloaded it. I quickly found out that if you wanted to bring up a list of words that match the one you are looking for, you have to BUY Crossword Solver +, which, by the way, isn't even available on Amazon. It is $1.19 on Google Play. Wish I would have done the Test Drive first. It got good ratings but one of the 1 star reviewers said it contained profanity, which I would just as soon not pop up on a game. This is not to say that others might not like this app, but I removed it from the device.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I noticed that bit about Crossword Solver + in the description, but they said it was free to download. Free and and free to download are apparently two different things here.:( Really strange they would require an app that's not even available on Amazon.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
The Lite version is available on Amazon but I couldn't find the paid version. In the game, when you click the Match button, they say you need to purchase Crossword Solvers + (It's really cheap!). So it looks like they want you to get the paid version.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I guess the IAPs weren't enough for them. Now you have to watch out for crap like this.:mad:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
BT Handwriting is the 2/13 app.

Teaches students to:
-Identify the symbols for Capital Letters, Lower-case Letters and Numbers
-Identify letter sounds and examples of words with initial letter sounds
-Master correct letter and number formation
-Supports English and Spanish Languages
-Allows students to save their work to the device photo

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
This one is a bit of a no brainer. It says it is for all ages, but obviously is for preschoolers. Way to many permissions.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
OmniSketch is the 2/14 app.

With OmniSketch you can create amazing pictures with very little effort. Procedural brushes draw designs and patterns automatically for you. You’ll be amazed at what you can create with this app. Pictures are stored into your local gallery where you can view or edit them later. You can also upload your creations to an online gallery for your friends and the rest of the world to see!