Amazon Free App of the Day

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Atomus HD is the 3/7 app.

Atomus is a kinetic interactive visualizer but also it is a work of art.

Atomus was designed for helping people who want to think more creatively or who need a change of pace.
However, I believe it could be a game/ toy/ party material/ interior design element for anyone who ever loved fireworks, whirlwinds, firefly lights, aurora, rainbow, wave, mobius strip, heart or atomic symbol. I have put something in the app which remind you of those and more , but it's intensely dynamic and also you are able to control all of those.

Whatever floats your boat.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
A Scientific and Financial RPN Calculator is the 3/8 app.

My RPN calculator is a scientific and financial calculator inspired by the Hewlett-Packard HP-10C series pocket calculators of the 80s, most notably the HP 12C and HP 15C models. It features classical 4 operations, logarithms, trigonometry, statistics, financial, conversions tables, and macros for easy programming. It also features complete support for complex numbers along with 2nd, 3rd, and 4th degree equations solving.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Grandpa and the Zombies is the 3/9 app.

Just after waking up in a hospital, Grandpa Willy quickly realizes that there’s something fishy going on and that the world has changed. There’s no time to ask questions though since the zombies are already pounding on the door.

"Grandpa and the Zombies" is a fast-paced trip through 90 levels and three different worlds, which shows that you can also survive a zombie invasion in a wheelchair. The levels are filled to the brim with the craziest undead that make Grandpa Willy’s escape that much harder including stinky Halitosis Jack or the Forklift of Evil. Some of the undead can even be really helpful if you know how to interact with them.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
I have mixed feelings about this one. On one hand it looks like a fun game and has no real permissions. On the other hand, being a grandpa myself, I think gramps ought to be chasing the zombies, not the other way around.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Trigonometrics is the 3/10 app.

Create your own Spirograph. Create beautiful mathematical designs. Change size, location, patterns, and rainbow style with simple pinch, tap, and slide controls. Save your creations to your device.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
2 1/2 stars with the only permission being to write to external storage, ought to tell you all you need to know.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Sudoku 10'000 Plus is the 3/11 app.

Play and create Sudoku games at 8 difficulty levels. Manage, import, and save your Sudoku games on your SD card. Study the app's comprehensive hint functionality. Create and edit new puzzles with sophisticated tools. Track solution times for each difficulty level

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Mahjong Premium is the 3/12 app.

Classic game of Mahjong Solitaire with lively graphics, automatic zoom, high resolution tiles designed for tablets and larger phones.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
QuestLord is the 3/13 app.

The wars of the Elf Lords have caused the lands to turn to turmoil and despair. The player will be engaged in a variety of quests to become the QuestLord!

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
QuestLord is the 3/13 app.

The wars of the Elf Lords have caused the lands to turn to turmoil and despair. The player will be engaged in a variety of quests to become the QuestLord!

Not much of a description, is it? Good ratings but I suspect one 5 star is the developer and another gave it five stars because he finally has something that works on a Kindle HD. It's a retro RPG, so take it from there. The only permission is to Open Network Sockets, which I didn't find out until I went to install the game, means Full Network Access. I didn't install the game.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Garfield's Escape is the 3/14 app.

The world’s favorite cat-and-dog duo is back! Forever lazy fat cat, GARFIELD, and kind-but-clueless dog, ODIE, come to life in an action-packed RUNNING game!

Taking good care of your pets involves keeping them clean at all times. In the Arbuckle household, it's quite a challenge. One day, Jon Arbuckle chanced upon a TV commercial for a new and amazing gadget: the Bath-o-Matic Robot! The robot chases and catches dirty pets and scrubs and washes them clean. Once the robot is on the loose, the crazy chase begins! Will Garfield and Odie outrun the robot? And will Garfield actually get some exercise in the process?