Amazon Free App of the Day

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Guess The Movie - Full is the 3/30 app.

We use some exceptionally beautiful posters with minimalist artwork to give you a clue to help you guess the movie. Hundreds of stunning, beautiful minimalist movie posters. Multiple levels to test your skills.

Lots of Help Options :
- Use hints to Guess the Movie based on the plot summary for the movie itself.
- Use a second kind of hint to guess the movie name in hangman style.
- Finally, use our "Resolve" feature in case you get really stuck!

This is really confusing. 4 1/2 stars for an app that says up front, IN-APP PURCHASING. Plus it has a bunch of permissions.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Universal Breathing - Pranayama is the 3/31 app.

Stressed? Balance your life and experience a relaxed meditative state to relieve your daily stresses and tensions. Pranayama's simple and intuitive guide to deep breathing features a progressive course based on the principles of yoga, to help you find balance and stress relief.

Combining the power of breath with technology, Pranayama is an easy way of improving your health and reducing stress. Using music and animated visuals to guide you to slower deeper breathing, Pranayama by Saagara enhances the way you feel and leaves you with more energy, stamina, and focus.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Sorry, I do not do yoga app reviews. Universal breathing? What does that even mean?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Bullseye Premium (Kindle Tablet Edition) is the 4/1 app.

The worlds need saving and luckily you’re the most talented bowman there is. Use your superb archery skills to punish the evil bandits once and for all. Liberate villages all across the world, and let the bandits know that they messed with the wrong Panda!

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Have we ever had an app with 1 1/2 stars before? In-App Purchases, Malware, popup ads...

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Sonic CD is the 4/2 app.

Sonic travels to the distant shores of Never Lake for the once-a-year appearance of Little Planet - a mysterious world where past, present, and future collide through the power of the Time Stones that lie hidden within it.

Sonic arrives only to find the once beautiful world imprisoned beneath a twisted metallic shell. His arch-nemesis, Dr. Eggman, has come for the Time Stones and with them, will soon have the power to control time itself!

In order to put an end to Dr. Eggman’s nefarious schemes, Sonic must use the power of Little Planet to travel through time; breaking Dr. Eggman’s hold over the future by destroying his machines in the past and recovering the missing Time Stones!

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
If you have enjoyed the Sonic games, you will no doubt enjoy this one. I have never played one, but this is a platformer, so I downloaded and installed it. Took about 1/2 hr for 263MB. It does not provide a tutorial but does give instructions. In order to exit the game you have to force close the app and go back in to the main page. But it works just fine.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Monkey Boxing is the 4/3 app.

Enter the Monkey Boxing League with Monkey Boxing! Step inside the ring, do powerful K.O.s and combos, customize your monkey, and compete for HUGE Trophies!

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Alice Trapped in Wonderland is the 4/4 app.

Discover & solve the amazing secrets inside the extraordinary Wonderland, Explore this incredible and shocking world while solving the most emblematic puzzles and reveal all the exciting secrets in the best point and click adventure game available for mobile devices.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
I have no idea what a point and click game is, but this one has good reviews and NO permissions. If you have a Kindle, fergetaboutit.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Heroes of Kalevala is the 4/5 app.

Choose a hero you like the best and lead your tribe to a bright future in the lands of Kalevala!

Exciting match-3 gameplay, amazing hero powerups and fascinating village building feature provide hours of imaginative entertainment. Experience more than 140 hand crafted levels featuring unique match-3 gameplay such as lock bomb combos and tar fights.

Build your village from scratch and watch it thrive and produce wealth. Can your tribe acquire the fabled Sampo?

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Let's start by saying I recommend this game. It's a basic match 3 and who can't use another match 3, right? Match 4 and you get a bomb. Match 5 and you get a bigger bomb. Complete levels to earn money to build the village. The graphics aren't that great, but it keeps the file size down, so that is a good thing. I rarely pay attention to the story that introduces a game, so I can't comment on that, but this is a game I will actually play.