Amazon Free App of the Day

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Helidroid 3 PRO : 3D RC Copter is the 4/18 app.

Take the control of 3 little RC Helicopters in an entire house with garden and swimming pool !
Accomplish a lot of variety of missions to become a real pilot.

Control a "RC Fire" helicopter in order to take some water from the swimming pool and extinguish the fires.
Use the "RC Skylift" helicopter to move objects with an electromagnet.
Or choose the "RC Apache" helicopter to launch rockets and explode houses of cards.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
This app has one 5 Star rating and seven 1 star ratings. Appware, Adware, Tupperware, I'd be wary of this one.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
WiFi Overview 360 Pro is the 4/19 app.

Now with a powerful "WiFi Sniffer", who expanded the Android function enormously. "WiFi Sniffer" looking for open WLANs, gives a notification (sound, pop-up text window, vibrate and text-to-speech - if you want) and can connect automatically.

With this tool you can manage and optimize your used wireless network and with one look you'll get detailed information of the WLANs (WLAN name (SSID), signal strength, channelnumber, encryptionin - open or not and much more) in your environment.

The tab "Ch check" (channel checker) and "Ch. radar" (channel radar) are powerful tool to optimize your own wlan network. For best performance your network must use a channel or frequency range where are no other wireless networks or little as possible. WiFi Overview 360 gives you the best choice for the channel.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
It also gives you a grocery list of permissions;
Application Permissions: (Help me understand what permissions mean)
  • Allows installation of home screen shortcuts
  • Open network sockets
  • Write to external storage
  • Read or write the system settings
  • Change Wi-Fi connectivity state
  • Access fine (e.g., GPS) location
  • Access information about Wi-Fi networks
  • Access the vibration feature
  • Change network connectivity state
  • Access information about networks
  • PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Yes, and it really gives you a lot of information. Also, that Clueful app only rates it as a moderate risk. About half my apps fall into that category.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Easter Bunny Games for Kids is the 4/20 app.

Do your kids love Easter? Do they love the Easter bunny, Easter egg hunts, Easter baskets, and puzzles too? Look no further. Easter Bunny Games for Kids: Easter Egg Hunt Jigsaw Puzzles HD for Toddler and Preschool is a fun animated puzzle game for toddlers, preschoolers, and kids from ages 2 to 6.

The app includes twelve different child and toddler friendly, jigsaw-style puzzles with options to change the number of pieces and remove other helpers. The puzzles start off easy to play and can be made more challenging- perfect for the little one in your life who loves the best things of Easter: Easter bunny, Easter egg hunts, Easter eggs, Easter baskets, and puzzles!

The Easter themed scenes include a fun Easter bunny waving, baby chicks running around, cute baby chicks popping out of eggs, Easter egg hunts, and much more! Every scene will light up your child's imagination as they take part in this amazing fantasy world!

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
I will go with the reviewer that said it has no permissions and is completely safe for kids.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Cryptic Caverns is the 4/21 app.

You are stranded on an island after a terrible shipwreck in which you are the sole survivor. You discover a thriving civilization once lived here and delve deeper to uncover the mystery of their disappearance. During your adventure you will pick up items, encounter characters, and solve puzzles that will bring you one step closer to uncovering the lost past of the island.

It was the caverns that held the key. The caverns were there before the incident that caused the collapse of the city. Since the shipwreck, you’ve heard legends of an ancient civilization that once lived far below the surface. The island has changed since the incident and you intend to find out why.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
This looks like a fun game, basically no permissions and not a real large file size. No adware or IAPs. Would somebody be so kind as to install it and explain it to me? It is one of those games where you go from area to area, looking for useable objects with a specific objective in mind. I think they figured that fans of this particular style would already know how to proceed. Right now I am stuck on a deserted island with 5 gold coins I have no use for and a picture that is supposed to be needed somewhere else, or something.