Amazon Kindle Fire Forum is now live @ FireForum.net!

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 16, 2011

We're proud to announce our newest forum dedicated to the newly launched Amazon Kindle Fire tablet @ FireForum.net!

Here are the full specs:
  • 7 inch IPS 1024×600 resolution display with 169 PPI
  • 7.5″ x 4.7″ x 0.45″ (190 mm x 120 mm x 11.4 mm) at 14.6 ounces (413 grams)
  • dual-core processor (we’re hearing it’s of the TI OMAP4 variety)
  • 8GB of internal storage
  • Up to 8 hours of continuous reading or 7.5 hours of video playback (charges in four hours and can be charged using a USB port on your PC)
  • 802.11b/g/n WiFi (no ad-hoc support)
  • microUSB 2.o
  • 3.5mm headphone jack and top-mounted external speakers
Amazon is using a fresh and easy-to-use interface instead of stock Android that ties the device closely to its own large and growing content library of movies, magazines and music.

You can now pre-order your Amazon Kindle Fire tablet today for just $199!

Be sure to visit us at FireForum.net and join in on the discussions! See you there!

Sstevemichael

Oct 11, 2011
kindle is the best e-book reader and wonderful investment for avid readers (holds up to 3500 books), The device is small and light. With kindle we can read many book only with one device. regularry, kindle have three choise, ie kindle wifi, kindle wifi + 3g and kindle DX. More information visit : Kindle: kindle wifi review

SlimBoys

Oct 20, 2011
kindle is the best e-book reader and wonderful investment for avid readers (holds up to 3500 books), The device is small and light. With kindle we can read many book only with one device. regularly, kindle have three choose, ie kindle wifi, kindle wifi + 3g and kindle DX.

Yes, i agree with you..... i Love kindle Fire.....
biggrin.gif

suwantomery

May 28, 2012
The Kindle Cover

The Kindle is a truly excellent device. One can store effectively an entire library on the small device, meaning it's fantastic for traveling, or anyone who just doesn't like to carry a huge book around. Of course, the Kindle will never quite be as good as the feeling of an actual book (some would say), but you can remedy this sensation by getting a leather cover for your Kindle.

Not only does a cover protect the device (since it's about as deep as a pencil, it's not something that you would want to drop or damage) but it also provides a nicer feeling to your fingers as you read it. While the Kindle is beautifully light (lighter then many paperbacks) a case will add a little weight to it, and this will influence your case buying decisions. Pick something that you really want your case to focus on. There are probably a lot of reasons why you would like a case, but say the main reason that you want a light which can illuminate your Kindle when reading it in less then great lighting conditions.

There are various different devices over at Amazon that can help with this. There are clip on lights like those little book reading light clips that you can buy for a couple of dollars. However, because they have the name 'Kindle reading light' in the name, they shoot up to around $20. Article Source: kindle cover

Natey2

May 25, 2012
I like the Amazon Kindle Fire because it has approximately the same external dimensions as my iDeaUSA tablet, and I can find many accessories for my tablet by searching for Kindle Fire accessories on Amazon.com, e.g. cases, etc.

oldfatguy

May 9, 2012
Thanks for info re fire forum. got signed up with them the day I bought my Kindle fire. Had to take the Connect Visual Land back to wally world. I never could get it to work right. Contacted the company and they finally told me to box it up and send it to them and they would "TRY" to find out why it did not work right.

mcdelrod

May 28, 2012
Completely, totally, absolutely addicted to Kindle Fire---BUT: Am on my third one due to problems with theunits Amazon sent. Watch out for problems if your computer doesn't read your Kindle or if you see your screen flickering (the top part of my screen was wildly flickering on the second Kindle). Third Kindle is a charm! (Knock on wood, fingers crossed and all other vodoo and Santeria ceremonies going on here). If you bought the kindle new from Amazon and it has just a small problem, contact them via customer chat and don't give up until they either fix it or under your warranty send you a new (or refurbished one).

VeraSacRifice

Jun 6, 2012
The Kindle Fire is Amazon's first foray into the tablet market. Although it is still technically being promoted as an e-book reader, it can actually do a lot more than that. It is a fully functioning 7" full color touch screen device, capable of delivering not only books, but games, apps, video and a lot more. It's a great crossover between e-book reader and tablet, and at a very low cost. This Kindle Fire review will look at some of the main benefits and features of this wonderful device.

How Does the Kindle Fire Compare with Amazon's Previous Kindles?

The biggest difference between the Fire and previous incarnations of the Kindle is the function. The original Kindles (which are still the best e-book readers on the market) performed one function, and that was to enable the user to read books. They do have secondary functions such as on board mp3 players for audible books or music and a basic web browser, but that is all they are.

The Fire is different because it is more like an all in one mobile entertainment center. It takes book reading one step further, and provides a fantastic screen to enable magazine content reading as well.

So far, this Kindle Fire review has covered the basic specs, reading, videos and music. What else could it possibly offer? The other main use people have for their tablets is of course internet access. The Amazon Silk browser is nothing short of amazing and offers smooth and speedy browsing. It also supports Flash, so while your iPad using friends struggle on flash web sites, you'll be displaying them with no problems at all. For complete information you can read at kindle review

freshtom

Jul 20, 2012
Kindle Cover

There are various different devices over at Amazon that can help with this. There are clip on lights like those little book reading light clips that you can buy for a couple of dollars. However, because they have the name 'Kindle reading light' in the name, they shoot up to around $20.

There are also cases which permit the addition of a light. These cases are fairly cheap to begin with, but once you add that extra light (which is usually sold separately) it can add up. Also, batteries in a light are something that you will also need to deal with, replacing them when they die etc. Most reading lights will probably last around 20 hours of illumination, so depending on how often you read in the dark, this could range from one week, to a couple of months.

Once case that solves this is the official Kindle Lighted cover which includes a light in the case that hooks into the battery. It solves the issue of replacing batteries, as only the Kindle itself needs to be charged. more information about kindle cover review you can visit : Kindle Cover