Amazon movies

arbarnhart

Jan 1, 2013
I was thinking of signing up for Amazon prime but the options for viewing on the a2109 seem to be really limited. I got the apk someone posted of the Amazon Kindle app and it runs but not well. Others have mentioned that you can also use a flash plug in in a browser to view streaming but it isn't optimal. I am curious about whether anyone here has tried either option with any success.

Edit - I side loaded flash back (lost in jb upgrade) the and it works but not the best. Watched a few minutes of a movie and it glitched once. Easy to refresh and it kept my place but still a pain.

Last edited:

arbarnhart

Jan 1, 2013
I watched the whole movie in the browser with flash. I tried the Amazon app during it and it insisted that I have to be logged on to amazon even though it gives me no option and I logged in to the Web site and using the Amazon shopping app. So I think the app is useless on the a2109. But the glitches didn't keep recurring as often as they did early on. So it is kinda usable with flash, but you have to search for it and side load after upgrading to JB.

cordoba

Dec 28, 2012
I've used flash in Firefox to watch tv shows on Amazon Instant, and it works fine. Full screen works, too, but only in Firefox, not in any of the other browsers I tried. It's not as smooth as on a desktop, and definitely not as smooth as watching on a Kindle.

arbarnhart

Jan 1, 2013
Flash is so tweaky. I also tried to get it to work in Dolphin, which a lot of people have success with, and it doesn't work for me. I am using plain old Browser only because it works.