Amazon, Samsung, Google tablets are 'credible competition' to the iPad: report

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Summary: The iPad continues its strong arm over the tablet market, but the holiday season should put more Android tablets in the hands of users.

By Adrian Kingsley-Hughes for Hardware 2.0 |December 7, 2012 -- 11:47 GMT (03:47 PST)

While the iPad remains at the top of the tablets market share, and commands some 90 percent of tablet Web traffic, some significant Android-powered tablets -- such as those from Amazon, Samsung and Google -- are starting to make their mark as the December holiday season gets into full swing.

Chitika Insights, the research arm of the Chitika advertising network, examined a sample of tens of millions of tablet impressions drawn from the U.S. and Canada between November 12, to November 18.

The data showed that the iPad continues to dominate the tablet market, holding over 88 percent of tablet Web traffic market share, and Amazon's Kindle Fire is in second place, with 4.05 impressions per 100 iPad impressions, or 3.6 percent of total tablet Web traffic market share.

07-12-2012-09-35-12-620x437.jpg

Close behind is Google with its Nexus tablets. The introduction of the Nexus 7 and the new Nexus 10 tablets has helped them to capture 1.03 impressions per 100 iPad impressions, or a share of 0.9 percent.

In third place is the Samsung Galaxy family, with 2.68 impressions per 100 iPad impressions, or about 2.4 percent of the market.
Microsoft's new Surface tablet makes the charts, holding 13th place with 0.15 impressions per 100 iPad impressions.

According to the report, "credible competition coming from users of Amazon, Samsung and Google tablets," and that the "2012 holiday season will likely lead to an increased presence of Android tablets when it comes to Web browsing."

However, because Apple has just updated the iPad, and released completely new the iPad mini, increased sales are "likely to stamp out any significant share gains by Apple’s competitors."

Image source: Chitika Insights.

icbi24

Dec 15, 2012
This data is very interesting and explore new things in the market competition.I thing this data is reliable and show us the clear picture of the current market situation.

My point in this market competition is the major player of android platform are saturating the market with too much device in so much that if you look closely, its the very reason why apple iPad continue to dominate the market.

In my country, there's like 4 Samsung tablet in which 2 still using honeycomb version whilst the other 2 still using ICS version. Confusing marketing decision = turn off potential androidfag.

sent from my Ainol Novo7 Elf II using Tapatalk 2