AMlogic Based Android TV Set Top Box

Discussion in 'Amlogic Based' started by shenit, Jul 2, 2011.

1. shenit

shenit Member

New AMlogic Based Android TV Box AndroidBox M6

Android TV Box - Google Android Internet TV Set-Top Box

Do you think AMlogic CPU is a good choice for a Set Top Box in terms of Video Playback performance and Video file type support? We are planning to order this into our inventory.

Thanks

2. madmalkav

madmalkav Member

For what I messed with my tablet and the Amlogic source code, is a good candidate. Also, there is some people, including myself, in the XBMC forums interested on messing with the ARM port on Amlogic devices, so it can be really interesting once XBMC for ARM is ready for release.

3. shenit

shenit Member

It would be more interesting if a XBMC port to android is possible, then we can have both the goodies on XBMC and also running android apps as well.

4. stane1983

stane1983 Member

My opinion is that Amlogic produces good products in general. On the other hand, manufacturer who produces final product (such as Android TV Box from your link) have to do things right to integrate and use all features of multimedia processor (Amlogic). If I remember correctly, product from your link is Refee's product (probably OEM-ed), based on AML8726M chipset with 4 Gb internal nand flash, 512 mb RAM...