AMLogic Tablets, 7033, 7035, 7065, 7060, and So On: Repair Tablet from SD Card

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I see, thanks for the info :)
Needless to say, if a confirmation run of anything needs doing, just shout.
Am running Xubuntu here, haven't got the tools etc set up on it though (rebuilt the PC recently). If I should and/or it would help, then i'll do that.

From reading, this is going to be done on a windows machine. vc882 flasher is only for windows, I need to build the paks to flash through the flasher. When I get to that point and have successfully flashed my device, I will post files, tools and instructions, for you to test.

mcclain_ts

Aug 29, 2013
There's DEFINITELY going to be A LOT of folks lined up for a chance to use Vampirefo.'s unbrick method/s, and from what he's done so far, it looks... WOW!!! Leaves me speechless. (warm smilz) Best thing we can all do is be patient and give him room. He's just had a 7033 for only a few days, but... WOW! Am I right?? ?!!! Huh?!(warm smilz) He's good. He's DEFINITELY good!(smilz)
Somewhere along the way, I know I'll somehow accidentally brick the good unit I have, and I'll jump in line too!!!(warm smilz)

Right ON Vampirefo., YOU are definitely the man to make these tabs "sit up and roll over"!

Thanks for ALL the time and efforts you put in!(as you ALWAYS do)
Your recovery screen shot's a REAL sight to see!!! Be patient everyone, eventually your 7033s will one day soon boot up, and you can ALL somehow thank Vampirefo. for his time and hard work!(Including ME, when I eventually brick mine.LOL)(warm smilz)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On a side note: Cold, icy, and snowy all across the U.S. folks, so slow down, give yourselves extra time, keep your eyes wide open, be safe, and get to where you're going safe! Always!

Last edited:

Slider2732

Sep 21, 2013
you can ALL somehow thank Vampirefo. for his time and hard work!(Including ME, when I eventually brick mine.LOL)
Not wishing to jump the gun, but a Paypal coffee would certainly be in order :D
I mean, he has the link in his sig after all.

Delighted to see you back here Todd by the way.

oh and...
On a side note: Cold, icy, and snowy all across the U.S. folks, so slow down, give yourselves extra time, keep your eyes wide open, be safe, and get to where you're going safe! Always!

Yep, am in Oklahoma. Will be heading out to the backyard shed in a minute, that's a 50ft expedition right there lol
"I am just going outside and maybe some time" - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawrence_Oates

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I have uploaded the recovery, and boot.img plus rooting device, just don't have time right now to write instructions how to use, this isn't for bootloop recovery, again I am not there yet. Will write instructions when I get home tomorrow evening.

733_root_recovery_boot

The boot.img fixes the usb debugging, Coby decided to disable the usb debugging on each reboot, this prevents adb so basically users had no way to repair device once tablet malfunctions.
The kicker is tablet is designed to malfunction, the tablet keeps count of each wipe, if a predetermined number is reached the tablet will reset, this causes a bootloop.
Without adb support tablet will just remain in a bootloop.
My recovery has the tools to repair this problem, when it happens, the boot.img must be installed before a tablet bootloops though, as it provides adb support to get the bootlooped tablet into recovery mode

Last edited:

Slider2732

Sep 21, 2013
I'm just trying to get my head around the above.
When does the tablet 'wipe' ? or is that as in a software reset, say if someone sold the tablet on ?
The thoughts being about why mine simply up and died and if related.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I'm just trying to get my head around the above.
When does the tablet 'wipe' ? or is that as in a software reset, say if someone sold the tablet on ?
The thoughts being about why mine simply up and died and if related.

A wipe is reset, either done by user or with this tablet by itself. Once the counter hits a certain number tablets will reset. This is also away Coby could tell if tablet was modified, as there was no tool available to format ie completely reset tablet and all three counters until I made one.

Below are the partitions, notice the counters. (Current maximum erase counter value)

Code:
Present UBI devices:            ubi0, ubi1, ubi2, ubi3

ubi0
Volumes count:                           1
Logical eraseblock size:                 1040384 bytes, 1016.0 KiB
Total amount of logical eraseblocks:     384 (399507456 bytes, 381.0 MiB)
Amount of available logical eraseblocks: 0 (0 bytes)
Maximum count of volumes                 128
Count of bad physical eraseblocks:       0
Count of reserved physical eraseblocks:  3
Current maximum erase counter value:     1
Minimum input/output unit size:          4096 bytes
Character device major/minor:            252:0
Present volumes:                         0

Volume ID:   0 (on ubi0)
Type:        dynamic
Alignment:   1
Size:        377 LEBs (392224768 bytes, 374.1 MiB)
State:       OK
Name:        System
Character device major/minor: 252:1

ubi1
Total amount of logical eraseblocks:     1664 (1731198976 bytes, 1.6 GiB)
Amount of available logical eraseblocks: 95 (98836480 bytes, 94.3 MiB)
Count of reserved physical eraseblocks:  16
Current maximum erase counter value:     3
Character device major/minor:            251:0

Volume ID:   0 (on ubi1)
Size:        1549 LEBs (1611554816 bytes, 1.5 GiB)
Name:        Data
Character device major/minor: 251:1

===================================

ubi2
Total amount of logical eraseblocks:     512 (532676608 bytes, 508.0 MiB)
Count of reserved physical eraseblocks:  5
Current maximum erase counter value:     4
Character device major/minor:            250:0

Volume ID:   0 (on ubi2)
Size:        503 LEBs (523313152 bytes, 499.1 MiB)
Name:        Cache
Character device major/minor: 250:1

===================================

ubi3
Total amount of logical eraseblocks:     1349 (1403478016 bytes, 1.3 GiB)
Count of bad physical eraseblocks:       3
Count of reserved physical eraseblocks:  13
Current maximum erase counter value:     3
Character device major/minor:            244:0

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
@Slider2732
Are you familiar with ubifs filesystem? If you are you understand you can't format ubifs filesystems, until you detach the partition from UBI Controller, Coby never released or included a detach tool, so once a partition gets corrupt, no way to format it, so tablet is in a full time bootloop. Now when someone sends tablet in for repair Coby can pull up the counters and see how many times they were cleared as well as whether tablet had been modified by user, they could then deny warranty if they determined tablet had been modified.

Last edited:

Slider2732

Sep 21, 2013
I see and thanks for that info.
Hmm..a definite need for your posted files. Built in obsolescence it seems.

I'm familiar with quite a few system layouts and formats, but not the Android methods. Most was back in the 80's and early 90's. This way sounds like old mainframes, detach and remove for maintenance while the rest of the system keeps running.

I take it that your next job is to write a detach tool :cool:
Coby had to write one, so I hope there's a standard and they 'merely' tweaked around with it.
Am sure the only detach tool most of us would know about is for a Dremmel lol

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I see and thanks for that info.
Hmm..a definite need for your posted files. Built in obsolescence it seems.

I'm familiar with quite a few system layouts and formats, but not the Android methods. Most was back in the 80's and early 90's. This way sounds like old mainframes, detach and remove for maintenance while the rest of the system keeps running.

I take it that your next job is to write a detach tool :cool:
Coby had to write one, so I hope there's a standard and they 'merely' tweaked around with it.
Am sure the only detach tool most of us would know about is for a Dremmel lol

I already built the detach tool, it's included in my recovery without the tool I wouldn't be able to format the partitions. If I have time this weekend I will start working on the windows based tool to fix an already bootlooped tablet like you have. If all goes well it, then you should be able to fix your tablet with it as well.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Anyone that wants to help can, we will be using an ics vc882 flash tool. Google vc882 flash tool, will give everyone as much info as I have.
I should be able to build the pak file, that the tool flashes.
People with time on their hands and want to help, what is needed is to find out what drivers need to be installed to get the tool to work, how does the tool work, how to get the tablet in download mode to receive commands from the tool.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Phone

Last edited:

Slider2732

Sep 21, 2013
Been looking for the tool the last couple of days...and am only really finding a rather disastrous 10" Flytouch tablet.
The vc882 is the Cortex A8 processor from Vimicro ?
There's a lot of different info out there for the semi-newbie.

I've downloaded the sdk and java runtime, so have the Android developer suite running. Looking at adb at the moment.
On setting up a virtual device it just hung at the Android boot logo, after taking ages to get to that point...so I don't think this PC has the horsepower for much. But, should be fine for shell commands :)

Edit - found this one:
http://goo.im/devs/YashRastogi/Canvas 4 Android Development/Flashtool/SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1304.0.zip
(SP Flash Tool that came from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2466694 )
No idea if relevant though.

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Been looking for the tool the last couple of days...and am only really finding a rather disastrous 10" Flytouch tablet.
The vc882 is the Cortex A8 processor from Vimicro ?
There's a lot of different info out there for the semi-newbie.

I've downloaded the sdk and java runtime, so have the Android developer suite running. Looking at adb at the moment.
On setting up a virtual device it just hung at the Android boot logo, after taking ages to get to that point...so I don't think this PC has the horsepower for much. But, should be fine for shell commands :)

Edit - found this one:
Goo.im Downloads - Downloading SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1304.0.zip
(SP Flash Tool that came from here: [GUIDE] Flashing Guide / SP Flash Tool Guide | All MediaTek (+Canvas 4/HD/2) | REVIVE - xda-developers )
No idea if relevant though.

I found several, and I can get the tablet in download mode, I am not a windows guy, I got the vortex adb working but can't find the flasher tool drivers, info is very limited.

DepositFiles

shutdown tablet, press and hold volume down + back button plus power, puts tablet into download mode.

need to find tool drivers, some where.

Linux sees the tablet in download mode as

Bus 002 Device 005: ID 0ac8:8820 Z-Star Microelectronics Corp.

flasher tool from here.

http://depositfiles.com/files/emtfqb0c1

and from here

http://www.szkingdomtech.com/ENGLISH/apps/32.html

Last edited:

Slider2732

Sep 21, 2013
Cheers :)

Running Xubuntu 13.04 at the moment (laptop runs Win XP that will be used if needed)

With lsusb I get:
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 18d1:d001 Google Inc.
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub

The Google line goes when the 7033 is not plugged in. So it's seen :)

Update -
I copied the dll files from your DepositFiles link to the 'system' folder of Wine (1.4)
Downloaded the flash tool and installed/ran it with PlayOnLinux.
Looks promising to me from the screen grab !
Could it be a route forward ?

$Screenshot - 12142013 - 11:56:40 AM.png

It's asking for an .ini file and then a .pak file
The .ini would appear to be the 512MB one, of 2 choices.
The .pak is perhaps the one you would create for the 7033 ?

Last edited: