AMLogic Tablets, 7033, 7035, 7065, 7060, and So On: Repair Tablet from SD Card

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I think it needs to be in on-board mode, to flash to nand. the flasher gets its info from SDPackTool.ini, so what needs to done to SDPackTool.ini is at bottom, all 1 changed to 2 but boot.img.

change this

Code:
// Choose what you want to program:
// 1: Program
// 2: Don't program
BurnBootImg = 1
BurnBootRes = 1
BurnBootRecover = 1
BurnSystem = 1
BurnCache = 1
BurnData = 1

to this

Code:
BurnBootImg = 1
BurnBootRes = 2
BurnBootRecover = 2
BurnSystem = 2
BurnCache = 2
BurnData = 2

this should allow flashing just boot.img this is all we want to flash.
I am uploading upacking and packing tools for as well as the 7033.pak
http://www.mediafire.com/download/m3y1d6n0c2sd140/uupack_pack_tools.zip

Last edited:

Slider2732

Sep 21, 2013
Very cool. I see what you mean, don't allow flashing of anything except the boot image.

Having found that Abiword and other Linux text editors display garbage, I opened the .ini with Windows Notepad. But it still looks the same - screen capture below.
Within, it says PackFile=vortex.pak and that will presumably be replaced with 7033.pak ?
No idea why the .ini file displays corrupted.
Am wondering if i'd be best running anything on the Win XP laptop. Just thinking of safety at the moment, not having any spare bricked 7033's !

$Screenshot - 12142013 - 05:48:48 PM.png

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I use gedit, also it's in another language.

Here is English translation

Code:
ResName]
// Configuration file name
CfgFile = vortex_flash_fajue_core_128x8_512M.ini

// Firmware package file name
PackFile = vortex.pak

[Burn]
// Use on-board programming mode:
// 1:yes
// 0:no
CanUseBoardMode = 1

// Programming mode:
// 1: On-board programming mode (only when CanUseBoardMode = 1)
// 2: Internal SD reader mode programming
Mode = 1

// Before starting the programming:
// 1: Pop-up confirmation window
// 2: No pop-up confirmation window
WarningBeforeBurn = 1

BurnBootImg = 1
BurnBootRes = 1
BurnBootRecover = 1
BurnSystem = 1
BurnCache = 1
BurnData = 1

Tano

Dec 5, 2013
Hi guys, looks like you're making great strides - well done.

Unfortunately, I'm still back at the starting gate. I was able to get my hands on a MicroSD card, and so I thought to try the 7065 recovery. I know that I need my own recovery.fstab file, and that's where I have a problem.

I tried to open the recovery.img file from my system dump, but WinRar, 7Zip and MagicISO all tell me that it is an invalid archive. Did I dump it incorrectly? Or is there a better tool to use?

Sorry about such a simple question. Feeling like such a noob.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Hi guys, looks like you're making great strides - well done.

Unfortunately, I'm still back at the starting gate. I was able to get my hands on a MicroSD card, and so I thought to try the 7065 recovery. I know that I need my own recovery.fstab file, and that's where I have a problem.

I tried to open the recovery.img file from my system dump, but WinRar, 7Zip and MagicISO all tell me that it is an invalid archive. Did I dump it incorrectly? Or is there a better tool to use?

Sorry about such a simple question. Feeling like such a noob.

The tools for dumping recovery.img are in first post, Have you flashed the fake 7065 recovery? what problems are you having? The recovery.fstab from your tablet and the 7065 are similar enough perhaps no change is needed. If you haven't flashed the fake recovery try it and let me know if the recovery.fstab needs to be changed only difference I see is /sdcard but the recovery should be able to map that out without changing recovery.fstab, if not I will change it.

Slider2732

Sep 21, 2013
Hey Tano, good to see you back.

Vampirefo, do you have the 7033.pak uploaded or is it still being worked on ?
Not being impatient here, just wondered if the above download was to have the file. It kinda read that way :)
I'd try the tool then from Linux as well as Windows and see what happens, if that's the plan.

Tano

Dec 5, 2013
Aha!

Sorry, major brain fart. I had renamed the wrong file to update.zip, and I was trying to flash that and beating my head against a wall as to why it wasn't working. When I actually renamed the correct file and flashed THAT...

Lo and behold, I'm greeted with a CWM-based Recovery by Vampirefo!

Outstanding work, Vampirefo! Thanks a lot!

Edit: Sorry, I may be getting my lingo wrong and confusing everyone in the process. When I say 'I flashed the file' I mean that I 'applied update from SD card'. I didn't really flash anything, I don't think.

Can I flash the fake recovery permanently?

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011

Vampirefo, do you have the 7033.pak uploaded or is it still being worked on ?
Not being impatient here, just wondered if the above download was to have the file. It kinda read that way :)
I'd try the tool then from Linux as well as Windows and see what happens, if that's the plan.
Yes it's already uploaded, link is in other post.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Aha!

Sorry, major brain fart. I had renamed the wrong file to update.zip, and I was trying to flash that and beating my head against a wall as to why it wasn't working. When I actually renamed the correct file and flashed THAT...

Edit: Sorry, I may be getting my lingo wrong and confusing everyone in the process. When I say 'I flashed the file' I mean that I 'applied update from SD card'. I didn't really flash anything, I don't think.

Can I flash the fake recovery permanently?

Fake recovery can't be written to nand, so no it's not permanent.

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012

Good work ! Be sure to make a nandroid backup, now that you have cwm recovery working.

Also, this will allow you to flash the googleapps package to add playstore to your tablet.

Slider2732

Sep 21, 2013
I'm scratching my head.
It'll be me going wrong somewhere but post 166 mentions the 7033.pak, yet vortex.pak is in the uupack_pack_tools.zip download.
ohhhhhhhhh that's the 7033's .pak file but called vortex ?!
And, that would save changing the .ini to search for the new filename ?
I see, if that's the case.

[/dense_mode]
:)

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I'm scratching my head.
It'll be me going wrong somewhere but post 166 mentions the 7033.pak, yet vortex.pak is in the uupack_pack_tools.zip download.
ohhhhhhhhh that's the 7033's .pak file but called vortex ?!
And, that would save changing the .ini to search for the new filename ?
I see, if that's the case.

[/dense_mode]
:)

yes just renamed to vortex.pak, to make it work with SDPackTool.ini, the name of the file doesn't matter as long as SDPackTool.ini has the same file name.

I am unable to get any of the flashers to flash any firmware, VDfu shows as it should, but as soon as any of the flashers search for VDfu the tablet turns off coming out of flash mode, perhaps Coby had a special flasher, I don't know.

Very weird that none of the flashers can hold a connection with this tablet.

Last edited:

Tano

Dec 5, 2013

Cheers, Slider. Good to be back!

Good work ! Be sure to make a nandroid backup, now that you have cwm recovery working.

Also, this will allow you to flash the googleapps package to add playstore to your tablet.

Ah, excellent. I'll try both of those when I get a minute. Thanks.

I'm in the dark as to what you guys are working on at the moment. I used to think I was computer-savvy, but I'm starting to feel like my Granddad when I tried to teach him to email! So yeah, I don't think I can contribute much intellectually to what you are doing (unless there's an Idiot's Guide to Hacking Android I can read). However, I do have a Windows PC and a tablet I can now get in to fake recovery, so if I can help with any testing or anything, I'm more than happy to (provided you use small words ;)

Slider2732

Sep 21, 2013
Am in a similar boat here Tano. My day for coding was writing presentation software for video rental shops, using a ZX Spectrum and a TV !
I wouldn't use the term 'new fangled' for tablets but not far off.
Fondest memory of this 7033 here so far, was my wife driving the car while I watched the tablet detect various wifi signals in real time as we drove along. Then, to download a game while sat at a Sonic parking bay. Stupid huh, but with not owning even a cellphone for years and it becoming an emerging useful fun device, it suddenly bootlooping was an unexpected dark twist.

Up to now, I can't 'get in' with the software yet. The flash tools run under Linux's Wine, yet don't appear to connect to the tablet. The progress bar for writing doesn't move. So tomorrow will see the Windows laptop have a go at it, at least to see if there's a difference.

Last edited:

Slider2732

Sep 21, 2013
May as well reuse this post while the overnight spammer got removed :)

No luck yet with Win XP.
Though, I did notice that the vortex_packet.ini file was pointing to the wrong file locations. So I changed those to the locations on this PC. Didn't make a difference though, unfortunately.

What keeps coming up in FlashTool 3.0 is "Can't find udisk. please make sure udisk is ok".
Turns out that udisk is apparently another name for USB in Asia.
In other words, it can't recognise the tablet ?
But the tablet is at least recognised by Windows now. In the hardware section, there used to be an exclamation point next to 'MID7033'. After putting the .dll files from the USB driver download in System32 (one of the first pages of this thread), it's now recognised as an 'Android Phone' :)

So, still no luck, but getting somewhere it seems.

Update-
I grabbed USBdeview from here: View any installed/connected USB device on your system
It shows all connected devices as well as what has ever been connected.
The MID7033 shows up as connected.

$USBconnections.png

And here are the properties of the tablet.
$Properties.png

Last edited: