AMLogic Tablets, 7033, 7035, 7065, 7060, and So On: Repair Tablet from SD Card

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
I can't unpack your boot.img or recovery.img, you have the scripts so you can try yourself.

Thanks for all you efforts. I cannot unpack them either. Wanted to compare the 7065 to the 8065, but your system dump is password protected at 4share. So I downloaded the 1060 dump and used your script to split boot.img without error. But it will not split the lenovo boot.img

Everything is coming up snake eyes today. I can't get my ubuntu64 system to recognize my coby tabs- the lenovo, no prob...grrrr

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Thanks for all you efforts. I cannot unpack them either. Wanted to compare the 7065 to the 8065, but your system dump is password protected at 4share. So I downloaded the 1060 dump and used your script to split boot.img without error.

Everything is coming up snake eyes today. I can't even get my ubuntu64 system to recognize my coby tabs- the lenovo, no prob...grrrr

Password has been removed on my files, I had to freeze them, temporary for testing, your files according to my Linux are fine and should work, however they are packed in such a manner, I can't unpack them. Can you get the recovery.img from another 8065 and see if it will unpack?

Last edited:

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
Thanks, will download and check. If nothing else, hexedit will allow comparing the 2. here's the md5 checksum for the recovery.img:

md5 checksum: dcafcf93d992bf134b0cac766b4914f8

The new recovery.img and the 8065_2nd.zip downloaded recovery match.

Possibly the "cat /dev/block/mtdblockx" method is the problem. Still can't make the "cat /dev/mtdx" work.

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
@mcclain_ts

were you able to boot from sdcard? can you extract your recovery.img or boot.img from your 8065?

the 7033 files, extract as they should.

mcclain_ts

Aug 29, 2013
Just managing some free time now to try it out. Thanks!
Been SO busy to even get on. You know how it is too.(smilz)
I'll let you know A.S.A.P.!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damn! mid8065 with cracked digitizer is now unresponsive!
I'm trying to locate a new digitizer so I can get her back up and going again.
I will let you know on that one too.

Last edited:

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
Damn! mid8065 with cracked digitizer is now unresponsive!
I'm trying to locate a new digitizer so I can get her back up and going again.
I will let you know on that one too.

Sounds like my 8065. I use a usb mouse with mine. Works great.

bludot

Nov 10, 2013
Hi strangely enough, the stock 7065 worked for me to boot on my 8065. I however needed to change the boot image. Wifi doest work, bluetooth doesnt wor, dc charger doesnt get recognized. So it is a problem because i was not able to backup my nandroid via cwm before i flahsed the stock rom. Does anyone have the system tar or maybe a backup of the 8065? That would help me fix my tablet. Also, my usb port is broken so no adb for me :(

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
This thread is about booting from sdcard, not about flashing roms. So unless your posts are about sdcard booting don't post them in this thread.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Tablet

bludot

Nov 10, 2013
I thought maybe you guys could help restore via the sdcard boot. I guess not thanks anyways and sorry for posting this in the wrong section. Where should I post this?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I thought maybe you guys could help restore via the sdcard boot. I guess not thanks anyways and sorry for posting this in the wrong section. Where should I post this?

Create your own thread in Coby 4 Gen. At this time there is no 8065 recovery, nor 8065 Rom.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Tablet

mcclain_ts

Aug 29, 2013
Hey, I haven't forgotten about you guys on this!(warm smilz) Just been trying to come up with a proper build environment (Linux flavor as opposed to my Windows XP box if possible.) Trying to get an older DELL laptop put back together for an Ubuntu or Debian. I want to try to pull my recovery.fstab from the 7033 dump. Also, I might be able to "Jerry-Rig" the 8065 with a mouse and keyboard, but it's completely in pieces at the moment. The digitizer for these is a HOTATOUCH C156209A2-GG (8 inch/8wire) with a Goodix (on-board) chip. MAN, finding a replacement is like finding a "needle in a haystack"! Been hoping to find one for parts with a good digitizer, but nothing yet. I will pull a dump, as soon as humanly possible though, and will let you know. I want to try the "boot from external SD card" too. After I get a working Linux box and can have access to DEV environment, I think it will make ALL of this a WHOLE LOT easier! I haven't forgotten about you guys! Bear with me!(warm smilz)

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
No problem, take your time. My main hard drive is failing so will be a week or so before I can get a new drive.
I have been looking on eBay for a 7033 tablet haven't found any good prices yet.

Last edited:

mcclain_ts

Aug 29, 2013
DAMN!!! I'm sorry to hear that! What kind of drive is it? Laptop? Tower? If I had an extra laying around here, I'd box it up and send it your way. What I would have would probably be TOO small in size, and TOO slow. (GB/MB and speed - wise) I wish I was living near Huntington, I'd just drop off whatever I had. I hope the old HDD to new HDD transfer goes off without a hitch/any problems. Damn! Seems like ALL of us are having "freaking" hardware issues! What's up with that?!(smilz) Lately, I feel like the proverbial "chicken with no head".LOL I am going to try to get something done with this 7033 for now. The 8065, I've been scouring any/all digitizer sites (Chinese and Spanish/Latin) but so far, no JOY!(sighs) The original digitizer is almost a solid state, and of course getting a matching unit that will fit into the plastic bezel, WITH the on-board Goodix chip is proving to be impossible so far. If I could just find a kit to repair/replace the digitizer laminate itself.(sighs) It's odd, the outer glass is pristine, but the inner(digitizer was the part that had cracked.(maybe a factory defect)
If I can JUST locate an 8065 unit for sale that IS dead, (and CHEAP) with a working digitizer. Then I could swap it out.
Sorry, I'm rambling! Lack of proper rest.LOL
Anyway, hope things get better for you at your end!

Todd

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Wednesday I will order my new 2TB hard drive should come in next week. Then I can copy my stuff over, and get back to this. My old hard drive I have had since 2006. So I got my use out of it, lol.

mcclain_ts

Aug 29, 2013
"2 TB"?? ?! WOW!!! Now that WILL have room for ANYTHING you wanna put on it!(smilz) That IS great news! The old one's totally dying for sure? Maybe do some low level formats on it? Give it just a little more life/use. Then maybe partition off the bad sectors somehow and use it as a backup of some sort? Ahh, I don't know. They ARE making these things less expensive now-a-days. And the size just keeps on getting bigger and bigger. Makes me wonder, why the NSA needs that place out in Utah. A week after they go online, the equipment rapidly becomes obsolete. Then they need (yet more) tax appropriations, in order to maintain "cutting edge" equipment.
ANYWAY!(warm smilz) Glad to hear you're getting a nice NEW HDD!